Cold Start Wrench Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MAF sensor is typically not a 'wear item'. The dealer scan tool can monitor the MAF sensor reading and determine if it is reading correctly or not. If its reading correctly and your air box is tight (no leaks) replacement would not be necessary.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
I was getting a wrench light and , hill decent error and some errors similiar as you described. It was the Whipple adapter plug from the OEM throttle body plug to GT500 adapter. The pins would push back on whipple adpater to OEM plug and it would lose continuity. Was a design issue Whipple sent me a new one and never had issue since. Pull the 4 wire plug and see if pins push back and are not locked in. Follow wire from throttlebody back to OEM 4 pin plug.

Scratch what i just posted i see your Whipple is on your Cobra

Last edited:

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Missed the part where this was a supercharged thread. Sorry about that. I'm 100% NA. Anyhow, Ford called back saying it was something they forgot to do while installing the Mechatronics unit. Everything drove great for a few days, so not sure what happened. As for the MAF, I'm sure it at least needs cleaning. It's 91k miles on it and never been touched.

tinman44

Reaction score
Took my truck to the dealer. They have determined it to be a 1200$ transmission control module. Not sure how that has anything to do with it stalling while in park though. I requested they re-evaluate my truck with a flight recorder, they do not have one. So I asked they just try and consider how the transmission control module can cause the truck to stall while in park.

tinman44

Reaction score
Update: I had the transmission control module replaced due to a TSB also they moved my fuel pump control lines and fuse due to another TSB. I recon you gotta pay to play.