Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachhauser

Reaction score
Looking to put a Cold Air Intake in my 2018. As of right now I am leaning towards the Roush. I would like to hear any opinions on the CAI's available.

Anarchy99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AFE "super raptor" sounds good, didn't notice any performance but I just wantd the sound anyways lol.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the Roush CAI on my 2017 and am very happy with it. Intakes are fun as long as you're realistic about the expectations. There are minimal (if any) performance gains, and nothing you're going to feel by the seat of your pants. However, the sound is improved, and it's fun hearing the turbos spool up. The Roush intake with a BOV VTA mod will definitely put a smile on your face.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 GEN1 with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8. It had what I thought was an inordinate throttle lag when going from a normal throttle opening to wide open. I experienced it most often when passing. I decided on an AIRAID intake after a helpfully revealing conversation with an AIRAID tech about how they design and engineer their intakes.

While installing the AIRAID I noted that the factory intake snorkel was poorly designed and had lots of design features that unnecessarily and peculiarly would introduce chaotic turbulence into the air. I smoothed out those features for the same reason one gets a multi-radius valve job. Then I installed another air intake path to the airbox because the factory snorkel was a much, much smaller diameter than the intake hose that runs from the airbox to the engine. Lastly, I asked AIRAID to send me a second length of rubber gasket to completely seal the airbox against the underside of the hood. They were very obliging and didn't charge me for it.

The result has been quite good. Most of the throttle lag was eliminated. Whether it was the intake, my smoothing work on the factory intake snorkel, or the installation of a second path for air into the airbox I don't know because I did it all at once.

DFWBraaaptor

Reaction score
Interested as well. I want as much spoiling and sound as possible. Without shelling out almost a grand for an afe. I think I’ve researched for a few days and still can’t pull the trigger.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the stock unit (with a high flow filter)is adequate for a tuned truck. But the " super raptor " is the loudest..... and it sure looks pretty too.