COBB Tuning TCM Support Has Been Released!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You've been waiting for it and it's finally here!

COBB Tuning has released TCM Support for the 2017-2019 Ford Raptor!

Map Notes:

Simulated Stock: this is a stock transmission calibration from a ’19 Raptor; this is true even if the Accessport is installed to a ’17 or ’18 Raptor.

COBB OEM+: this map is intended to be a sporty but refined improvement on the stock transmission behavior.

• Shift Points: skip-shifting in ‘Normal’ drive mode has been maintained; moderately increased shift points for sportier acceleration; more responsive downshift schedules; more anticipatory coastdown (off-power) shift schedules.
  • Shift Firmness: moderately increased shift firmness during high-power, high-RPM shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.
COBB Sport: this map is intended to be a performance-first improvement on the stock transmission behavior.

• Shift Points: skip-shifting in ‘Normal’ mode has been eliminated, except for light throttle 1-3 shifts for comfort; increased shift points for livelier acceleration; more responsive downshift schedules; more anticipatory coastdown (off-power) shift schedules.
  • Shift Firmness: increased shift firmness during moderate to high-power shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.

Upshift Schedule Graphs:

The factory ECU uses transmission Output Shaft Speed (OSS) for shift schedule tables, along with Accelerator Pedal Position (APP). One graph will plot this data (APP vs. OSS), and the other will show APP vs. Vehicle Speed (which assumes stock tire size and diff. gearing).

COBB OEM+: Normal Drive Mode

image-3.png
image-4.png

COBB Sport: Normal Drive Mode

image-5.png
image-6.png

We've already updated our site with the new product pages for the TCM Support Kits.

If you're already a COBB user, you can purchase the TCM Support only. Simply check out on the site with that option, enter your Accessport v3 serial number in the "Notes" section at checkout. And we'll get the unlock code emailed over to you for use with Accessport Manager.

Once the unlock code is entered, you'll update your firmware with the TCM maps and you'll be good to go!

Note: TCM Maps MUST be used with a COBB ECU Map. Do not run a COBB TCM Map with the OEM Ford ECU calibration. If you do wish to run a stock ECU file with the COBB TCM support, you must load the COBB Stage 0 Map with the COBB TCU Map of your choice.

Links to various product pages:

TCM Flash Only (Upgrade to Current Accesport users): COBB Accessport V3 F-150 Raptor 2017-2019 (Upgrade to TCM Flashing)

Accessport v3 with TCM Support: COBB Accessport V3 F-150 Raptor 2017-2019 with TCM Flashing

Stage 1 Power Package with TCM: COBB Power Package Stage 1 (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019

Stage 1+ Power Package with TCM: COBB Power Package Stage 1+ (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019

Stage 2 Power Package with TCM:
Black Intercooler: COBB Power Package Stage 2 Black (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019
Silver Intercooler: COBB Power Package Stage 2 Silver (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019

Last edited:

RaptoRyn

Reaction score
Yay!! It’s a Christmas miracle! I’m actually going to hold off for the time being just to make sure the bugs get worked out. I would think that it is going to be good to begin with because it is Cobb, but I’m just scared to be the first one to jump in. If anyone is wondering the about what the cost is to add the tune to your existing AP, it is 360.00 +tax.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's right. TCM support is normally $400, but COBB has everything marked down to $360 for the BFCM sale.

You can see the links here to all options:

TCM Flash Only (Upgrade to Current Accesport users): COBB Accessport V3 F-150 Raptor 2017-2019 (Upgrade to TCM Flashing)

Accessport v3 with TCM Support: COBB Accessport V3 F-150 Raptor 2017-2019 with TCM Flashing

Stage 1 Power Package with TCM: COBB Power Package Stage 1 (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019

Stage 1+ Power Package with TCM: COBB Power Package Stage 1+ (With TCM) F-150 Raptor 2017-2019

Stage 2 Power Package with TCM:

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll be getting mine back soon! Waiting on the new map and can’t wait To get it with the truck!

You'll enjoy it. Initial feedback has been all-around positive for clients running both the OEM+ and Sport TCM maps. Most are running the Sport map, no surprise there. We are all a bunch of Raptor owners after all haha

Nick

DeaThomas

Reaction score
I was cruising down interstate with cruise control on (stage1,93Octane Cobb tune). Canceled cruise control started to slow and auto shift popped and sounded like a gear jammed. I’m afraid it might have damaged something. It was shocking. I’m going into Ford service for diagnostics. Anyone ever had a shift go bad?

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was cruising down interstate with cruise control on (stage1,93Octane Cobb tune). Canceled cruise control started to slow and auto shift popped and sounded like a gear jammed. I’m afraid it might have damaged something. It was shocking. I’m going into Ford service for diagnostics. Anyone ever had a shift go bad?

keep us posted

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Are you running a COBB TCM tune? If so, was this the OEM+ or Sport map?