COBB Stage 1 First Impressions on 2019.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Cobb here for always standing up and trying to be as informative as they can. Cobb is obviously a very good company and there are some great people there that genuinely care about the products they put out. Its refreshing to see a company not run and hide from some criticism and answer all questions honestly.
With regards to shift points, and the power that is put down as a result of these shift points, I actually tried the manual shift paddles while on a long stretch of highway and the result was quite impressive. I was cruising at 40MPH in 4th gear and pushed the throttle down 3/4 of the way. I shifted up to 7th gear and within 3-4 seconds i was at almost 100mph! It actually took me by surprise how quickly this 6000 lb. truck got to that speed! It had so much more to go, but I backed off as quickly as I got to that speed. That in a way tells me that shift points and the TCM have a lot to do with how quickly the power from the engine is translated to the wheels. I'm anxiously awaiting Cobbs TCM tune, and I feel there will be a marked improvement over the stock TCM tune with the Cobb Stage 1.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I agree that a transmission tune is essential to a good tune especially in our ten speed.

I could care less about the harshness of the shift as long as it doesn't affect reliability/ longevity of the transmission.

I know that our transmission is robust, however, there is definitely a balance between a transmission shifting really hard in the gears and the transmission's reliability.

If one raises the rpm limiter to high this alone could cause transmission failure.

I really want a tune and the list of really good tuners is long which makes it that much harder to choose which tune to purchase.

I realize that Cobb is definitely up there with the best when it comes to balancing tunes with respect to NOT affecting reliability.