Coast to Coast Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Not sure where you’re at now but there’s a couple speed traps on the road between Amarillo and Dallas. You can just turn on Waze or keep it at just 10 over the limit and you’ll be fine. Not usually a problem in Texas but there are a couple.

I’m in Dallas and can help if you need anything.

I believe New Orleans has a smaller music festival called Jam Fest this weekend. Never heard of it or been so I can’t comment other than seeing some friends mention it on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where you’re at now but there’s a couple speed traps on the road between Amarillo and Dallas. You can just turn on Waze or keep it at just 10 over the limit and you’ll be fine. Not usually a problem in Texas but there are a couple.

I’m in Dallas and can help if you need anything.

I believe New Orleans has a smaller music festival called Jam Fest this weekend. Never heard of it or been so I can’t comment other than seeing some friends mention it on Facebook.

Thanks for the heads up!

we made it to Amarillo tonight watched the sunset and had steak. Can check Texas off the list now right? Lol

Oh and wtf is up with windmill city jeez doesn’t your government know the earth has a enough natural wind! Haha

C4DD9A9E-0AA8-4855-B43C-84D5AD1B87C8.jpeg

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Haha yeah, so many windmills out there. If they had turned them on, we could’ve blown the snowstorm away and not had the major fckup that we had.

Did you stop at the Cadillac graveyard? It’s worth a stop to take a picture.

Never had the steak in Amarillo but make sure you hit up a bbq joint before you leave the state.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
It’ll take you about 5ish hours to get to Dallas area. If you want to have some Texas BBQ, Hurtado in Arlington is supposed to be pretty good. Conversely, the best Chicken and Rice meal I’ve ever had is at a place called PTT in Arlington. (It’s Vietnamese and get the Ga Xoi Mo)

I mention Arlington since you’re going on the 20. If you wanted to go further into DFW area, plenty of other places I could recommend.

Safe travels.