CO2 Tank and Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaiser, I love the rail system idea. How hard is it to get the tank in and out of the track?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tool box mounted

I could only mount mine horizontally to fit in tool box. It's been a great addition & have used about twice as much as i thought i would.

Attachments

• toolbox.jpg
    toolbox.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Kaiser, I love the rail system idea. How hard is it to get the tank in and out of the track?
The vehicle bracket has a quick release that flips open - 15 seconds to get the tank out. Take a look at the metal strap in the middle of the tank in the last pic. That is the quick release.

Removing the bracket from the tracks requires removing four bolts.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
After having this for a while, my only gripe is that the handle sticks up a little too far in interferes with my bed cover a little. The neck of the tank is smooth and the current handle clamps on. From the looks of it, a beverage type handle would work. Somthing like this:
02F05107.jpg

The only issue is that the neck of my tank is smooth and all of the handles like this I have seen require a neck that is either threaded or has a snap ring groove.

Any ideas?

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my Power Tank. 15 lb. it holds 1000 psi of co2, I can run 400 psi at the hose, that's enough to seat a tire or fill about 30 tires.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears that if you remove the handle, it would fit fine under a bed cover and vertically mounted. While it would be nice to have the handle on, the long hose will allow me to reach all four corners anyway, so losing the ease of portablility for me is not a big deal.

Great set up Kaiser, thanks for posting.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not use a compressed air cylinder. 4500psi... or a compressed nitrogen tank. Both are about the same cost as c02 and a compressed air tank has greater capacity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tanks for CO2 are rated by weight (e.g. 10 lb. tank, 15 lb., 20 lb.) and I don't believe any other tank is going to offer any more capacity of CO2.

As for fitting a 10 lb. tank under a bed cover here's the answer for you:

51bUqlkw%2B-L._SX300_.jpg

I can get all of The Source products at attractive prices - let me know if you want to buy any of their packages or products (via PayPal only) and I'll get you good pricing.

http://www.cramerdecker.com/pdf/The_Source_Specification_Sheet.pdf

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Another standard product tank mount that will solve the problem. This one's from Powertank:

mount.2.jpg

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Kidde fire extinguisher bracket for a ten lb tank off Ebay. I can mount it to the inner fender of my truck, so it will be at a proper angle, and has the straps to hold the tank in place. $42.00 with shipping.