Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flipgnats

Reaction score
All this clunking noise and no one post a video of it? And no, im not talking about the jumping on the rear bumper noise either lol.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to video because the truck is so damn loud lol it drowns the audio on the phone to make it sound less loud if you will than it actually is I’ll try again tonight

JCU Delt Ox

Reaction score
All this clunking noise and no one post a video of it? And no, im not talking about the jumping on the rear bumper noise either lol.
It's definitely a hard sound to capture. Moreso than a sound is the feel. The feel through the floorboard, the feel through the pedal. I've been dealing with it for 10000 miles and it's not getting better.

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I called my dealer and he said he'd seen and repaired 3 so far....all bad shock mounts, some with multiple bad mounts. He's going to replace mine, no questions asked.

flipgnats

Reaction score
It's definitely a hard sound to capture. Moreso than a sound is the feel. The feel through the floorboard, the feel through the pedal. I've been dealing with it for 10000 miles and it's not getting better.

No, you're right, I forgot it did take me like 12 recordings to finally capture it lol...And yes, the feel of it!

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they replacing the whole shock or just the mounts ? I thought that was part of shock body. Asking for a friend who recently picked up his 22 , not me.