Clunking...popping...is normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2019 SCAB for about 5-6 weeks now, it has less than 30K mikes on it and I’ve been modding it more than driving it. I’ve noticed that every time I put it in reverse to back out of my garage I hear a clunk/ thunk from the rear end. I do not seem to notice the sound anymore after the initial reverse. I need to have the wife put it in reverse while I take a look see . I guess I should be looking at shock mounts and leaf spring bolts ? Any other areas I should look?

Johan

Reaction score
Update to this issue. Wasn't the sway bars. Turns out the top nut of my shocks were extremely loose. Had to tighten the nuts back down. All fixed.
Are the difficult to get too? I looked and kind of looks like a pita to get a wrenches in there as to my understanding you can not use an impact on the nuts as you have to hold the shaft with another wrench, any input would be appreciated.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the difficult to get too? I looked and kind of looks like a pita to get a wrenches in there as to my understanding you can not use an impact on the nuts as you have to hold the shaft with another wrench, any input would be appreciated.
Not at all. Just used a socket wrench and extension. Had to push some padding out of the way. You don't need to hold anything on the shock. And you wouldn't want to use an impact. The tq spec is like 40 lbs

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2019 SCAB for about 5-6 weeks now, it has less than 30K mikes on it and I’ve been modding it more than driving it. I’ve noticed that every time I put it in reverse to back out of my garage I hear a clunk/ thunk from the rear end. I do not seem to notice the sound anymore after the initial reverse. I need to have the wife put it in reverse while I take a look see . I guess I should be looking at shock mounts and leaf spring bolts ? Any other areas I should look?
may be that could be your "clunk" (or not)

Johan

Reaction score
Checked my top bolts, tight as can be. I have a set of new end links laying here which i will try on next, broken collar bone makes that procedure a little difficult thou :(

deadserial

Reaction score
Checked my top bolts, tight as can be. I have a set of new end links laying here which i will try on next, broken collar bone makes that procedure a little difficult thou :(
You ever get it fixed? Dealing with the same thing on mine.