Clicking noise in 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed 3.0s and now there is a clicking coming from the front left side over 10mph

Everything is tight, we aren't sure whether it's the IWE. CV isn't bulging.

It's a total mystery. Any ideas?

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I'm glad I didn't get those 3.0's! ;)

Naaah just kidd'n T! Hope you get it figured out and Happy NY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlpineM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the vacuum lines that engage the 4wd....these tend to break or crack thus no vacuum and cause problems/symptoms like you have just described.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
EFTOBIAS

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took it to the dealership in Barstow, (don't really know what I expected) to try and diagnose the problem any better.

Now Jeff, Paul, Sean and a few other people can attest to the noise we heard.

The tech hops in the passenger seat for a ride along to try and hear the sound I'm talking about… still there is that tapping/grinding sound… Dude straight up says - "I don't hear what you're talking about." after that all my professionalism went out the window, dude was already rude to begin with - I ask him, "so you don't hear that sound at all?" as it's loud as shit…

His response? "Nope… it's a truck, not a caddilac, it's going to make sounds."

At this point I was so ******* aggravated I took him back to the dealership and kicked him out then left.

Ordered new vacuum lines from fortparts, going to pick em up today from San B and install them myself today to see if that fixes the problem.

So my recommendation, don't even bother going to the Ford dealership in Barstow, they are rude and don't know shit.

-T