Clear Bra Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
got mine done. they used 3m product. did the front and mirrors. along the bed where the lid covers. just in case it contacts. no flaws. but the installer said we would have to do it inside. cleaned the truck. no air blowing around. and he continuously wiped the area he was doing with lint free cloth. used a water and soap solution to fit and position the product. looks great. cant tell it is on there unless you really look hard.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the lesson on clear bras, but I must say that calling them "bras" offends my sensibilities.
As long as I can remember, bra-less is much more fun. The "Bra" is intended to protect what's within the "bra". But when the fun begins the "bra" comes off.

These "clear bras" seem permanent. They need a more appropriate title. If a "bra" doesn't come off REGUARLY and OFTEN it is not a "bra"

My first suggestion: "clear shell". I can live with that. Did I mention that I like boobs?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the clear bra's can be removed. They aren't permanent, but once you remove it you can't reuse it again.

even still if after 5 years it does start showing it's age, its cheap insurance to peel it off and get another one applied, and still have a brand new looking bumper as if it had 0 miles on it. Ours is a year old and 15,000 miles on the 5.0 and it still looks brand spanking new.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one thing about clear bra make sure you get a very good installer, they will be using a blade to make cuts. You dont want to any cuts once you remove the film/clear bra

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With XPEL? If so, i gladly stand corrected. Maybe there was too much crap floating in the air at the shop?

did he wash before application? also did he syringe the water bubbles out or did he go lazy and leave them there to evaporate?

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

PS jermey aka krinkov from invisiguard is an amazing clear bra installer in the bay area (nor cal). I would HIGHLY suggest him as an installer for anyone in northern CA (make the trip, the price/quality is worth it!).

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine twice. The first time I did it then I had a pro re-do it. Flawless!!

I so choked when I did it.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are in the DFW area and need someone who is great at this, check out Boardwalk Porsche up in Plano. I take all my cars to them, the guy they hire does an amazing job, no defects, dust or air bubbles. It is expensive though. I was quoted just under $1000 for my raptor to clear the hood, front area and mirrors.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine was painted on at watertownfordchrysler.com looks good but it's permanent I also put it on the rocker panels.