Cleaning the raptor - interior and exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The raptor is 6.4 inches (2019) wider than a regular F-150 when you take off the mirrors. Many car wash places can't handle a vehicle that wide. Add to that the suspension/wheels width is 6.3 inches wider than a regular F-150 and mill likely have a hard time fitting in the track.

With a $70k truck I wouldn't take it through one of those anyway because they take the dirt and rocks from the 100 cars before you and rub them all over your truck. Spend some money, buy some good products, and wash it by hand. You can't go wrong.

I only did it once at the beach to get the salt/sand off the undercarriage. I generally don't take trucks through them, but I'm sure as heck not gonna hand wash it either. Keeping my truck detailed is not my thing, I just hit it with the brush and the wand when it gets too dirty, same as I've done with all my vehicles.

My point was that since the mirrors are the widest part of the truck, and they are not getting ripped off the F150's, I don't see an issue, and did not have an issue when I went thru. Not saying it's the best way, just replying to the question.

OP
OP
M

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is 6.4 inches (2019) wider than a regular F-150 when you take off the mirrors. Many car wash places can't handle a vehicle that wide. Add to that the suspension/wheels width is 6.3 inches wider than a regular F-150 and mill likely have a hard time fitting in the track.

With a $70k truck I wouldn't take it through one of those anyway because they take the dirt and rocks from the 100 cars before you and rub them all over your truck. Spend some money, buy some good products, and wash it by hand. You can't go wrong.
This! I am washing by hand. Ended up with multi products from different vendors. Megan's, turtle wax, chemical GUYS, mothers, rain - x, and black magic

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took mine through a touch-less one that had no tracks. The height clearance was 7' 4" so I had no problem. I did fold the mirrors in, although I really didn't need to. It actually did a pretty good job. I won't take it through one with brushes though.

srjones51

Reaction score
I have a 2004 F150 FX4 right now, a 15 year old truck (Black). I have ran it through the car wash for 15 yrs and when it is washed it looks stunning even 15 yrs later! I have never had a problem with the car wash putting scratches or swirls in it. I have read other threads in this forum on cleaning the Raptor and some guys say they take it through the car wash and other guys say it won`t fit (To Wide). I don`t get it.

srjones51

Reaction score
forgot to mention I did a leveling kit and put a 315 BFG all terrain on it which is the same as a 35 X 12.50 and it fit fine in the channel track at the car wash.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have a very good spray off car wash near me. $3.00 in quarters........and my sponge and chamois (sp) and i can get my truck pretty clean in the winter.

When it gets warmer and I can turn the hose on at my home again, for sure it will be all hand washing.

No car washes for me. There is a touch less one where they hand dry it.....i take my wifes explorer there all the time....but wont risk it with the width of the Raptor.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of chemical guys. I’ve been using them on my GTR for probably 4 years now. Their leather spray is awesome. I used it every 6 months. The eco wash is awesome or a quick spray and wipe down. The VRP dressing lasts a long time and isn’t messy. Their microfiber towels are nice and priced well. Their interior spray smells nice too.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone experienced mind to share product they used in cleaning their car.

Cloth or material/brush used for washing exterior body and the wheels
Cloth or material used for drying the car
Cloth or material used for interior
Cloth for cleaning the interior touch screen
Cleaning solution for exterior (washing and wax)
Cleaning solution for leather
Cleaning solution for the plastic interior

Thanks in advance
Murphy's oil soap on all interior except fabric of course use in all my vehicles and bonus it smells good.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

lemacfar

Reaction score
I use a pressure washer and foam attachment. Minimal wiping.

I spray on wax and wipe. Overall 1 hour to clean inside and out.

I bought weathertech mud flaps which stretched out the cleaning intervals greatly.