Ceramic Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did 70% over factory rear, 20% on front sides, 70% on windshield and moonroof. All Xpel Prime XR Plus. Heat rejection is supposed to be 98%, had it done last Friday and made a huge difference in the first couple of days. Can have the sunshade open for the roof now in full sun and can't feel any heat, same with black dash, no heat radiating from it anymore. Its hard to tell on the truck but it actually has the slightest blue hue to it at the right angle when looking out. The regular XR with 88% heat rejection had a better smoke hue but since my truck doesnt fit in the garage, wanted the best heat rejection. No issues with my polarized Maui Jim or Smith sunglasses.

Last edited:

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did 70% over factory rear, 20% on front sides, 70% on windshield and moonroof. All Xpel Prime XR Plus. Heat rejection is supposed to be 98%, had it done last Friday and made a huge difference in the first couple of days. Can have the sunshade open for the roof now in full sun and can't feel any heat, same with black dash, no heat radiating from it anymore. Its hard to tell on the truck but it actually has the slightest blue hue to it at the right angle when looking out. The regular XR with 88% heat rejection had a better smoke hue but since my truck doesnt fit in the garage, wanted the best heat rejection. No issues with my polarized Maui Jim or Smith sunglasses.

How well does it match the look from front to back with 70% over the factory tint? This is the exact post ive been looking for and i just found a great tint shop in my area that offers the XR Plus!!

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How well does it match the look from front to back with 70% over the factory tint? This is the exact post ive been looking for and i just found a great tint shop in my area that offers the XR Plus!!

Ill try to get a picture to show the tint, back window is just slightly darker than front but hard to tell to my eyes. The 70% was the lightest tint the shop had in the Xpel Prime XR Plus, I cant tell its on the windshield at all visually but it sure does block the heat.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you find the blue tint noticeable at all in regular driving if you were not "looking for it" and would you say the greater heat reduction is worth the slight hue shift? I have seen quite a few videos online where they show the sample books and it seems that it is fairly monochromatic - just do not want to get something that "looks blue" from the inside or out.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you find the blue tint noticeable at all in regular driving if you were not "looking for it" and would you say the greater heat reduction is worth the slight hue shift? I have seen quite a few videos online where they show the sample books and it seems that it is fairly monochromatic - just do not want to get something that "looks blue" from the inside or out.

I only see the blue hue when looking at the glass from the inside out at a very particular angle. My installer had the Plus installed in his truck and let me look before deciding, unless I moved my head around to different angles, couldnt see it. Couldn't see it from the outside. Inside the shop, they had a display showing all the CS, XR and XR Plus shades side by side, only there could you see that the CS had a taupe hue (28% heat rejection), XR had smoke hue (88% heat rejection), XR Plus had blue hue (98% rejection). They also had a display with a heat lamp and light bulb in it, 1 side straight glass and the other sides were the 3 tint choices. The difference between the XR Plus and even the reg XR was night and day, sold me at that point. I think the XR was available in 80% tint so slightly less dark than the 70% XR Plus but I wanted the best heat rejection, I cant tell the tint is on the windshield even at night.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only see the blue hue when looking at the glass from the inside out at a very particular angle. My installer had the Plus installed in his truck and let me look before deciding, unless I moved my head around to different angles, couldnt see it. Couldn't see it from the outside. Inside the shop, they had a display showing all the CS, XR and XR Plus shades side by side, only there could you see that the CS had a taupe hue (28% heat rejection), XR had smoke hue (88% heat rejection), XR Plus had blue hue (98% rejection). They also had a display with a heat lamp and light bulb in it, 1 side straight glass and the other sides were the 3 tint choices. The difference between the XR Plus and even the reg XR was night and day, sold me at that point. I think the XR was available in 80% tint so slightly less dark than the 70% XR Plus but I wanted the best heat rejection, I cant tell the tint is on the windshield even at night.

Thats a huge plus and extremely helpful as I have been going round and round on this trying to figure out what I am going to do. My normal tint guys tried to order the tint from Xpel but it became a whole ordeal so gonna make the drive to a place not close at all to get it done. Hoping it will kill some of this SoCal heat. Did the sunroof thinking that was gonna be a huge game changer but definitely not the big jump I was hoping for.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a huge plus and extremely helpful as I have been going round and round on this trying to figure out what I am going to do. My normal tint guys tried to order the tint from Xpel but it became a whole ordeal so gonna make the drive to a place not close at all to get it done. Hoping it will kill some of this SoCal heat. Did the sunroof thinking that was gonna be a huge game changer but definitely not the big jump I was hoping for.

Hasnt stopped raining yet so havent been able to get pic. Will try tomorrow. Should have mentioned above the one downside to the XR Plus was cost. I paid $770 for side windows, rear windows, full windshield, full moonroof. I thought that was a little high. The reg XR was 550, CS was 450.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasnt stopped raining yet so havent been able to get pic. Will try tomorrow. Should have mentioned above the one downside to the XR Plus was cost. I paid $770 for side windows, rear windows, full windshield, full moonroof. I thought that was a little high. The reg XR was 550, CS was 450.

No one said Raptors and their toys were going to be cheap!