Ceramic Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tone228

Reaction score
Had XPel XR ceramic installed yesterday. I did 20% all around, no windshield and I can honestly say it’s the best tint I’ve ever had. And I’ve had 3M ceramic and crystalline on a past vehicle. You definitely notice the heat rejection. My guy didn’t have the plus in stock at the time so I was a little bummed at that but overall I’m happy with the result. So impressed with the stuff I’m probably gonna go back and get the windshield done with XR plus in the lightest shade which I believe is 70 percent.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a huge plus and extremely helpful as I have been going round and round on this trying to figure out what I am going to do. My normal tint guys tried to order the tint from Xpel but it became a whole ordeal so gonna make the drive to a place not close at all to get it done. Hoping it will kill some of this SoCal heat. Did the sunroof thinking that was gonna be a huge game changer but definitely not the big jump I was hoping for.

Took some pics but cant figure out how to post pictures on the forum.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Press "Upload a file" and pull from photos, document, desktop etc.

Thx, got it now, feel stupid, was searching all over the rich text editor, trying to host a pic from my google drive, etc, then finally saw the upload a file button staring me in the face in red.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only see the blue hue when looking at the glass from the inside out at a very particular angle. My installer had the Plus installed in his truck and let me look before deciding, unless I moved my head around to different angles, couldnt see it. Couldn't see it from the outside. Inside the shop, they had a display showing all the CS, XR and XR Plus shades side by side, only there could you see that the CS had a taupe hue (28% heat rejection), XR had smoke hue (88% heat rejection), XR Plus had blue hue (98% rejection). They also had a display with a heat lamp and light bulb in it, 1 side straight glass and the other sides were the 3 tint choices. The difference between the XR Plus and even the reg XR was night and day, sold me at that point. I think the XR was available in 80% tint so slightly less dark than the 70% XR Plus but I wanted the best heat rejection, I cant tell the tint is on the windshield even at night.

yeah you know the heat lamp trick is a marketing gimmick and does not fully show how heat is transferred into your car?

I'm sure you also knew that IR waves do not constitute all of the heat that is transferred into a vehicle, but that is typically the "heat rejection" number they are talking about.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah you know the heat lamp trick is a marketing gimmick and does not fully show how heat is transferred into your car?

I'm sure you also knew that IR waves do not constitute all of the heat that is transferred into a vehicle, but that is typically the "heat rejection" number they are talking about.

Well thats uncalled for, shit on anyones parade lately? Do you always post with an air of superiority, sarcasm and *******-ery?

But to play along, Yes, I am aware.

Roscoe S

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the truck ceramic tinted. Doing all glass, sunroof and windshield. Local shop just quoted $725 for the job ($325 for the just doing the front and rear windows). Does this price sound in line for what everyone else has paid?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc