Ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a good point. I don’t have ceramic coating on my Lamborghini, but it stays perfect because I baby the hell out of it. Would actually probably make more sense on a truck.

It does... but film is better. Combine both and better still. At the end of the day its still an investment worth trying to keep from getting ****** up too bad. So imho its worth it.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget the bragging rights of having the shiniest truck at Starbucks?

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the bragging rights of having the shiniest truck at Starbucks?

Meh.... it's nice to have a easy clean up with reduced paint damage after a day in the desert or on muddy trails also. But to each his own.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
It does... but film is better. Combine both and better still. At the end of the day its still an investment worth trying to keep from getting ****** up too bad. So imho its worth it.

When are people going to realize that 99.9% of vehicles are not investments. It's 100% a depreciating asset in all but .1% of cars.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a few exceptions, all vehicles are not a money making deal. I'm sure almost all of us understand this. But, I do want to keep my vehicle looking good. Its how I was brought up.

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When are people going to realize that 99.9% of vehicles are not investments. It's 100% a depreciating asset in all but .1% of cars.

Everything in life is an investment homie.
Even if its a bad investment its still an investment. Only question is how bad is it gonna be

Last edited:

heffneil

Reaction score
I owned my last truck for 14 years. I would ideally like to have this one a long time. Only the turbo concerns me for longevity. My son is almost 11 so I would like to give him this one in 5 years and then get myself a new one :)

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Everything in life is an investment homie.
Even if its a bad investment its still an investment. Only question is how bad is it gonna be

Serious question, do you park your investment in the garage or outside like 90% of this nation? Only in America do people store 5k worth of hoarding garbage in their garage and then bitch when their $30-$70k vehicles get stolen, damaged from weather or broken into.

It’s probably the garage for most of us on a vehicle forum as we are already more into our autos than most, but I shake my head at all the driveways I see in my neighborhood (all with three car garages) with cars parked outside at night. And I’m not talking about Toyota Corollas either. Generally people don’t think of vehicles as anything but a necessary and heavily depreciating asset. The only people making money in auto sales are dealerships, banks and car flippers with knowledge.

Smokeshow60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious question, do you park your investment in the garage or outside like 90% of this nation? Only in America do people store 5k worth of hoarding garbage in their garage and then bitch when their $30-$70k vehicles get stolen, damaged from weather or broken into.

It’s probably the garage for most of us on a vehicle forum as we are already more into our autos than most, but I shake my head at all the driveways I see in my neighborhood (all with three car garages) with cars parked outside at night. And I’m not talking about Toyota Corollas either. Generally people don’t think of vehicles as anything but a necessary and heavily depreciating asset. The only people making money in auto sales are dealerships, banks and car flippers with knowledge.
Ok. Serious answer. Im fortunate enough to have more than ample garage space for all my vehicles + equipment and plenty of room left over for some clutter as well but i can agree that in some places people are ****** up regarding that particular subject. I dont particularly see it with my neighbors because frankly i dont have any. That being said lets not loose sight of the point behind this thread which is .... Does ceramic coating aid in the care and maintenance of a vehicles
Exterior finish that the owner paid hard earned money for regardless of how they intend on using it or where they park it. And the answer is yes. Furthermore its completely acceptable for anyone to wish to have their vehicle looking good with minimal effort even if there is no actual return on their investment other than their truck looking better than yours a few years down the road.
And make no mistake, it will.

P.S. dont be hatin on Toyota Corollas they are the shit.
P.S.S. my truck is actually parked in the driveway right now but its all good because its coated. And this aint the hood.

Last edited:

heffneil

Reaction score
Yep, that’s exactly what it means. Haha. Chill out, Man. I was just giving the OP a hard time. But it’s a truck, and a truck that is made to be taken off-road. A few blemishes here and there isn’t the end of the world, IMO. It’s cool that people buy these to be pavement princesses, but I like to use my vehicles for their intended purposes. That said, I would die if I got a scratch on my other vehicles, so defineily understand the OCD tendencies...

So that I actually add some value here...my buddy has ceramic coating on one of his cars, and the thing is soooo easy to wash. Probably worth it if it’s not too expensive.

I think I was the OP - honestly my raptor will never go off road. There just isn't any off road here in flat SW Florida but I like the way the truck looks. Anyway I want to protect the paint from the elements best I can. This isn't an exotic but it is a $70k truck and should be well taken care of. I realize you were giving me a hard time in a fun way but I do want to justify it a bit so we all agree its a valuable vehicle and deserves protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter