Ceramic Coating & PPF Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XPEL

Reaction score
My Xpel install came out looking terrible (bubbles, huge gaps from poor trimming, dirt underneath film, etc.) When I called Xpel directly they were no help and said I had to work with my installer. Waste of $1500 and actually made my truck look worse than stock so huge regret on making the Xpel purchase. I’ll stick with coating moving forward.

We're sorry to hear about that. Shoot me an email directly at [email protected] and I'll do everything I can to help make this right.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would rather use xpel dap patterns and have a few seams with nice straight lines than let someone bulk cut on my new car. What's the point of ppf if you remove the film and discover cut marks in your paint? It happened to me with 2 different cars and installers. Trimmimg ppf on flat surface is one thing but on complex curves and pockets it's very difficult. Hopefully your installer has ninja like blade skills.

If you are worried about seams, just make sure the edges are laid down properly and they will hardly be noticeable.

If you dont want a full hood and fenders, I would recommend a 24 in hood install. The raptor hood vent measures 24 in from hood to vent. This will give you good hood coverage from rock chips since the hood is almost flat past the vent up to winshield.

That's what I like about Suntek. It's cut specifically for our truck.

XPEL

Reaction score
That's what I like about Suntek. It's cut specifically for our truck.

The XPEL Pre-Cut Kit Software is the most accurate and robust pattern software on the market. In fact, many Suntek installers use the XPEL Kit Software to install their film.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Xpel install came out looking terrible (bubbles, huge gaps from poor trimming, dirt underneath film, etc.) When I called Xpel directly they were no help and said I had to work with my installer. Waste of $1500 and actually made my truck look worse than stock so huge regret on making the Xpel purchase. I’ll stick with coating moving forward.

This is an absurd post. The Xpel jumped right out of the box and installed itself???? Causing bubbles and dirt???? This has to be a joke. Of course Xpel would tell you it is the installers issue. It IS. The Xpel is a great product. Sub standard installation of anything is not going to yield satisfactory results.

Sam

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
The eye watering cost of these films and the associated install, combined with the business model that Xpel employs not allowing us mere mortals to purchase direct means that 1000% Xpel should be taking some responsibility for a faulty install and helping force the installer to make it right.

This is an absurd post. The Xpel jumped right out of the box and installed itself???? Causing bubbles and dirt???? This has to be a joke. Of course Xpel would tell you it is the installers issue. It IS. The Xpel is a great product. Sub standard installation of anything is not going to yield satisfactory results.

Sam

XPEL

Reaction score
The eye watering cost of these films and the associated install, combined with the business model that Xpel employs not allowing us mere mortals to purchase direct means that 1000% Xpel should be taking some responsibility for a faulty install and helping force the installer to make it right.

Kahuna,

To be 100% clear, we do offer our pre-cut kits on our website and do allow people to DIY install, we just don't ever recommend it as it's extremely difficult to do and can lead to potential installation issues.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Kahuna,

To be 100% clear, we do offer our pre-cut kits on our website and do allow people to DIY install, we just don't ever recommend it as it's extremely difficult to do and can lead to potential installation issues.

Apologies, I have previously tried to find it for sale to the public and was not successful. Glad to hear it is possible.

XPEL

Reaction score
Apologies, I have previously tried to find it for sale to the public and was not successful. Glad to hear it is possible.

No worries, we're happy to help. We hope you choose XPEL for your future protection needs.