CEO of Dodge announces muscle transition from gas to electric.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AntiMattersMost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at all surprised but my initial reaction is still WTF nonetheless. He just made an appearance on FOX Business. So is the writing on the wall and do y’all expect this will impact Ford muscle including the Raptor/R?
Me, I’m keeping my foot in the gas and it will take one hell of a jolt to otherwise shock my sensibilities.⚡

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
My guess is yes. We will see the R for a couple years, then who knows. Interestingly enough, I was reading an article about the Dodge transition and it stated that they were releasing a slew of special editions to end the run. They would also be listing how many and where you could purchase them. Can we get Ford at least to copy suit and let us know who has allocations and how many for their performance vehicles?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all. Dodge is in a completely different place than Ford is when it comes to hybridization and EVs. Dodge never invested in the tech and is completely behind the industry. Going full EV is the only way they survive the next 5-10 years.

Ford on the other hand already had deep investment into battery and EV tech: Mach-E, Lightning, Powerboost, Escape hybrid come to mind which means they don't have to pull a 180 like Dodge.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge has known the writing was on the wall with CAFE standards, theyve been spending a fortune on buying credits from companies like Tesla. Hellcat the world was a great but known to be temporary strategy.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think full EV is 10-20 years away. EV prices are still too high to benefit the regular consumer. Infrastructure, range and other factors make it impractical for most.

IIRC VW and Volvo said they were going to fully electric by now.
Even in 20-30 years, if we are "full" EV by then, it will only be due to government mandates and taxing ICE out of existence. There is no conceivable way at this point in time that it would make more sense from an energy standpoint.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even in 20-30 years, if we are "full" EV by then, it will only be due to government mandates and taxing ICE out of existence. There is no conceivable way at this point in time that it would make more sense from an energy standpoint.
Funny. By then the only use of ICE motors will be the Guvment

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter