Catastrophic engine failure at 22K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mattyboy86

Mattyboy86

Reaction score
There's plenty of Raptor Street Queens. By that logic no one would ever buy a used vehicle. Any vehicle can be abused, not just the ones designed for off road use. A thorough inspection beforehand helps mitigate test risk, but you know what? Sometimes shit happens. It's under warranty so make sure Ford fixes it right. And enjoy your previously enjoyed Raptor.

I got mine with 26K mikes and it is AWESOME.

You're right, any vehicle can be abused. Aside from these issues I really love the truck. Im just being sulky, ill get over it. Things are getting diagnosed now and seem they will need a field tech as there are no codes. So yes I will get back to romping in the raptor as soon as some competence hits the deck. Also this vehicle was fully inspected and reinspected before I purchased it. I also have a keen automotive eye so during the first inspections, it was all good. Shit does happen, but I still got a happy life. Rental truck is a ram 1500 look out! lol

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

.... just an update, tranny shift got worse and electric stuff is all whacked out and all over the place. Every morning I start the truck and it automatically adds .1mi to the odometer. Weird huh?