CarPlay maps automatically roughest me home/place in may calendar when plugging in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the issue of your CarPlay maps wanting to automatically direct you home, or to someplace in your calendar for that day every single time you plug your phone in? I'm just looking to remove the needles step of canceling this every time I plug my phone in.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Negative for me.... mine only switches to the audio on my phone and starts playing music that kinda annoys me but I'll live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative for me.... mine only switches to the audio on my phone and starts playing music that kinda annoys me but I'll live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me, goes to my Apple Music. My phone will suggest it whenever I open maps depending on time of day and my schedule, but I have not had it happen in CarPlay yet.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the issue of your CarPlay maps wanting to automatically direct you home, or to someplace in your calendar for that day every single time you plug your phone in? I'm just looking to remove the needles step of canceling this every time I plug my phone in.

It's not routing...it's guessing. Apple Maps won't actually initiate the routing directions until you tap Go!.

When you Quit your Maps on your iPhone, the maps won't pop up as the first screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^What he said. It's just a suggestion. You have to press go to start navigating. Not really an issue or anything wrong. It's doing what it's supposed to do.