Carnage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
used motors are expensive for the raptor. car id price matched tasca at $4300 for a new long block but had none in stock. used motors start at $3800 for the crappy ones, and over $5k for decent ones. i got mine for $5300 plus a $500 core. i didnt return the core since i will be rebuilding it so im in it for $5800. had @B E N do the swap for me for $1300 so over $7k for mine.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah these motors are rarer then hens teeth these days!
this is why i kept the core. $500 back if i return it. or rebuild it and have a spare for either one of our trucks and not have to go through the hassle of trying to find another one in case this happens again. given we have no intentions of selling either of the trucks, it seems like a good idea to keep and rebuild.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I must have missed a post. How did you get a hole in the block?
Meh. he’s just trolling us. There’s never been a holed block 6.2 in the history of Ford. I read that numerous times right here on FRF !

this is why i kept the core. $500 back if i return it. or rebuild it and have a spare for either one of our trucks and not have to go through the hassle of trying to find another one in case this happens again. given we have no intentions of selling either of the trucks, it seems like a good idea to keep and rebuild.

Smart play. Jen Juan is a solid platform, I’d hate to see someone have to sideline the truck for lack of availability to repair it...

Just out of High school, I was rocking a ’70 442, 455 / TH400. By this time she was showing her age but it was in ok shape... I scored a job with an electrical shop, my boss was only about 5-6 years out of H/S. He had good spread and had his hands in a lot of projects. One day I perused his junk car row and saw one of these, rusting away

This was just heart braking. He never got around to fixing it, it was still there when I moved jobs.