Car wash tunnel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got back from Big Bear on sunday and the truck was covered in dirt/mud just as it is suppose to be....but i wanted to put it away clean so it needed a bath. I was cautious about taking it to a car wash because i've heard it wont fit in a tunnel car wash and it was just too hot Sunday to get out there and clean that beast myself. So I took it to the local hand wash and to my surprise it barely fit through the tunnel! of course they charged me a extra $5 becuase of the mud but hey it looks good! Has anyone else been able to fit their's through a carwash? im wondering if this is a rare occasion or if they really do fit?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our resident Raptor car wash guy is XJRguy - I'm sure he'll weigh in on this subject as it's a favorite of his.

I've taken my Raptor to a couple car washes (hand wash ONLY) and I haven't had a problem. You need to watch the width of the track to make sure the tires will fit (width) and no damage is done to the wheels.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problems here at all. YMMV though.

I just fold in the mirrors and sometimes just ride over the metal tracks in the automated no touch wash near us.

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires seemed ok....rails are not high enough to hit the rims. But like Nacho i usually wash my own truck because i like to get all those little spots the car wash ususally misses. But sometimes when you get home from a trip your just to burnt out to want to wash it yourself.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to manually operating car wash.
They drive into a shade, wash it, drive out and dry off. Fully manulated. :)
How much do you pay for wash BTW?
I pay $13 + tip for complete exterior vacume and interior include tire armor.

OP
OP
Talon

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was $17 plus tip....no armorall on mine though. Didn't want it

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of automatic washes here , single track. You sit still and the equipment moves around you. It does an OK job.