Cant decide on color - so what has the best resale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually buy black but for the first time I got my raptor in white . White hides scratches and swirl marks , which will happen when you off road . So far I love it . I feel white will look better in the long run .

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white ones don't depreciate...get 20 mpg at WOT...and frames don't bend. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously 50/50 on terrain and black now

all the chicks I've asked hated the color but idc. This is for MY enjoyment

I don't really care for the terrain in stock form. It NEEDS a dark tint job and blackening throughout with the wheels, wheel wells, tails, 3rd brake light, hood graphics, mud-style box graphics, debadging... wish there was more to black out

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automotive Tools Tips Advice - Kelley Blue Book

Silver
White
Black

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Which Car Color Offers Better Resale Value?
But on trucks the preferences are:

White
Silver
Black

On Raptors I don't see it as that important. there is a demand for used ones in any color. Red and Blue are probably the most polarizing colors but there are many that wouldn't have any other color, so buy what you prefer and at resale you'll have no problem.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
If you are asking peoples' opinions, then you care what they think. I feel like if you buy the terrain, you will constantly have a chip on your shoulder wondering how people react to your truck.

I've always owned black vehicles, but got tired of the frequent maintenance and visible scratches. While I do agree that black DOES look the best when fully detailed, it comes down to your willingness to put in those hours.

Also, black is the most popular color, and I'm SO glad I didn't get a black Raptor - around these parts, I would have "just another black Raptor" (there were three in my work parking lot the day I drove mine home).

Now white, on the other hand... classy number right there...

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
damn.... i have the ruby red on order but saw a terrain in the showroom and am seriulslty thinking about taking it !

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the vehicles I've purchased in my lifetime, I've never thought of the resale. I've always chosen the color on what I like. In the end, you have to look at it every day.

Plus if you look on edmunds you will find a few hundred dollar adjustment. not really worth considering IMHO.