Can't answer calls but can call out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 model, I can't answer calls but can dial out and make them. This is through Android Auto. Anyone else have this issue? Pretty strange.

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue a month or two ago. Always had to hang up and call them back because they'd never be able to hear me if I just straight picked up. After one of the Android Auto updates, it was fixed, so I'm pretty sure it's an AA issue. Just make sure you're up to date, because I've been able to actually pick up the calls now.

The AA version I'm on is 6.1.610544-release updated on 23 Feb running on my Pixel 5. It was either the AA app or the Google app that was causing the problem for me

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got to tell you after years of using Android Auto, it ain't gett'n any better! It's too bad because I'm an Android guy for sure but AA just plain sucks, but I'm not going to switch either.

Google Pixel 5 AA V.6.1.610544

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to tell you after years of using Android Auto, it ain't gett'n any better! It's too bad because I'm an Android guy for sure but AA just plain sucks, but I'm not going to switch either.

Google Pixel 5 AA V.6.1.610544
you can blame me. im sorry. when google came to our shop back in 2013 with their prototype android auto, they did ask me how i liked it and whuat should change. i gave them suggestions, but i guess i wasnt firm enough with those suggestions.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 model, I can't answer calls but can dial out and make them. This is through Android Auto. Anyone else have this issue? Pretty strange
2019 model, I can't answer calls but can dial out and make them. This is through Android Auto. Anyone else have this issue? Pretty strange.
Had this issue - made a post about it - see if this works:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/android-auto-sync-3-cant-answer-phone-solution.78555/

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta unplug the phone, connect with bluetooth, go into ring settings on sync3 and change the ringer to use phones original ringtone or something like that. That should fix it, it's a pretty well known issue. I had the same problem and this fixed it immediately. Hope it helps

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just started having this issue. Note 20 Ultra, ford sync 3 from march 2020 build.

I do NOT have that "Use Phone Ringtone" option at all. I only have no ringtone, and the three ringtones from sync. No, there is nothing below it so there's no scroll function.

I did try this several times and followed the instructions from several videos, phone connected via bluetooth, USB cable unplugged.

Anybody have any other ideas about this? I cant hear anything at all when someone calls me.

Eviansweep

Reaction score
If you're still having trouble with your 2019 model and Android Auto in 2023, it might be worth reaching out to the car manufacturer's customer support or checking their forums for any updates or solutions specific to your model and the current year.

Also, for general tips on effective phone communication, especially if you're dealing with any call-related issues, this article on call center coaching at https://www.mightycall.com/blog/call-center-coaching/ could still be a handy resource.

Last edited:

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still having trouble with your 2019 model and Android Auto in 2023, it might be worth reaching out to the car manufacturer's customer support or checking their forums for any updates or solutions specific to your model and the current year.

You do realize this was posted in March of 2021 don't you?