Canceled my 2022 order today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belacyrf

Reaction score
You can buy a 22 all day long... look at autotrader... several 22s available.
Nope, they are all spoken for. . Try reaching out to the dealers on those 22 Raptors, they will say there is a deposit and it's not for sale. Only the high ADM's "might" be available.

Keep dreaming. Sure, you can have a base TRX built in a short period of time, but your not getting a Level 2 built in 12 weeks—try doubling that figure for a good starting point. Will TRX prices drop eventually? Yea, they will just like your Raptor, but it won’t be anytime soon.
Just go look on Autotrader... TRX's are readily available with less than 3K miles. The TRX market is super soft right now.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea TRX orders are hit and miss....some have gotten trucks quick some haven't....I had 2 2022 orders (at under invoice) and a 2021 in my dirveway I found in Sept at MSRP....I transferred my July order which JUST got built and my mid Aug order is still not even started....both Lvl 2.....there are plenty of reports of people getting Lvl 2's sooner.

While my theory isn't proven I believe by going with the dealers that are giving $10K+ off the longer you wait.....they have so many orders Ram is not building them in the order they were received as these dealers would have gotten a ton of trucks before others....

The constraints on Ram are the same as Ford....

Just go look on Autotrader... TRX's are readily available with less than 3K miles. The TRX market is super soft right now.

Not sure what you mean by super soft....I've been offered about $5K over MSRP on my 6K+ mile used '21.....prices will definitely come back to normal but they haven't yet.

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
New chip plants won't hel auto mfgrs for 4 or 5 years, and even then it isn't going to hep as much as you think.
This is false. The $12 billion factory is being built by TSMC the leader in auto chips. They are on track to be in full production by 2024. They also plan to have 6 factories total here in the next 10ish years.

Mwadsworth

Reaction score
Question I have a Dealer that said I could jump on an order he has and showed me the details. '22 with 35's and most options I want. Order is Priority 1 for stock. How are the priorities handled with FORD. Does this Priority 1 get pushed to the front of the line and I should jump on it, if I want it?

I'm new to the ordering thing so I appreciate your help and I wouldn't buy another RAM again, emissions, brakes warping and it would just stop running at red lights due to emissions issues. Only Kept it for two years.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 123539.jpg

housecat

Reaction score
How did you order a 2022 4 plus months before the order banks opened? Sounds like a Ram troll from the start. Get it before it’s cancelled.
I ordered June 10th for a 2021 and the order rolled over to a 22 when they couldn't produce my 21. Same order number and everything. They likely had the same thing happen.

belacyrf

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by super soft....I've been offered about $5K over MSRP on my 6K+ mile used '21.....prices will definitely come back to normal but they haven't yet.
While the prices are still high (as they are on all trucks right now). The fact that using the exact same parameters. A TRX search revealed 65 available trucks for sale, MANY with less than 3K miles. And the Raptor search showed only 5 trucks available (same params). It's anecdotal for sure, but I think it's telling.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on saving some money until people start selling their G3 for the RAPTOR R

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the R even happens.
Right! I bet it will be very limited and very expensive if it does get built... likely in the $140-150 range. Porbably similar to the GT500 initially. One dealer here had 2 GT500's.... both at $150k. Be cool to see it built.