Can you fit LED aux lights behind the grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen the LED light bars that people have been able to fit behind the grills.

However, I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting aux lights behind the grill, like the baja design squadron lights.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone do it, and I would be concerned about how to mount them as well as depth. Plus, once mounted, you have to aim them.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen the LED light bars that people have been able to fit behind the grills.

However, I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting aux lights behind the grill, like the baja design squadron lights.

Like Smurfslayer said, the biggest issue would be depth. If they are too deep, they will hit the active shutters. I would think it could be done, but they would need to be fairly close to the center where the outer grille curves out away from the shutters the most.

From there, they would just hang upside down from the top of the grille structure (Under the cowl cover) That's the same way our Mounts for light bars mount, as well as the Baja Bar does. Upside down from the grille inner structure.

John

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly, isn’t it Caliber 9 who makes the replacement grille with an integrated light mount where the F O R D is in the stock grille? Pricey and, you could probably make it yourself by hacking up the stocker but lots of one off mods.

I’ve had both cheap Amazone (Kawell) lights and the S8 mounted behind the grille, there’s not much room for more. In fact, the S8 is super tight.