Can I use this harness to bypass the factory B&O amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this PAC harness?

https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amplifier-integration-harness/aphfd02

From PAC:
Simplify your amplifier installation with the AmpPRO Speaker Connection Harness. The AmpPRO Harness (APH) enables you to simply plug into the factory speaker wiring harness, avoiding cutting the original wiring or running aftermarket speaker wires throughout the vehicle. Easily feed your aftermarket amplified audio to the OEM speaker locations.

I am by no means an expert, I have completed the "under $500" upgrade but feel that there is insufficient power going to the new speakers. Having had the budget setup for nearly 6 months now, I find myself wanting more. From what I gather, I can use this harness, bypass the B&O amp and utilize a 5 channel amp (replace current mono amp for sub) to power the sub and send more power to the door speakers. Please correct me if I am wrong or let me know if this would even work, any help would be greatly appreciated!

aphfd02.jpg

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you have the B&O you have to use the NAV TV unit to replace / bypass the factory amp. This harness will only help you run some speaker wires.

The B&P amp is the problem and should be removed before any speakers are changed out. It has too little power and bass management that kills all the bass frequencies as the volume is turned up....which is the main reason why you have to replace the amp all together.

High level inputs for amps are a sh!tty band aid and are made even worse by the bass management.

Here is my build and would be the basics for what you need to do.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/it-is-done-started-my-b-o-replacement-stereo-install.68874/

There is no $500 fix for the B&O equipped raptors.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is just a harness. it has to be used in conjunction with the ap4 data module. but thats for a radio replacement. to bypass the amp the nav tv is the best solution

OP
OP
discowagon

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips gents, I guess NAV TV is the only way to go. At least it's on sale right now!