Can’t wait to trade in my G2 already!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the production “retrofit” hold-ups, it does concern me that the first year G2 may have issues. I do expect that with a first year production, however the G2 has a totally new powertrain that is untested in the real-world consumer market . I do have to commend ford for holding up deliveries and attempting to fix these problems. Most manufactures would deliver them and deal with the repairs as they come. Maybe ford has too much invested in the eco and 10 speed tranny to risk a bad reputation with either.

I know, why am I buying the 2017? Well, I’m thinking it will be at least two years before the G2 has all the kinks worked out off it. So, I’m not waiting two years. Also…….
• I want it now
• No other manufacturer is making one like it right now
• My kids are driving and using all the cars except for my H3 which is recreational only and sucks for daily driving (so I need to buy a car)
• I already have overland west coast desert treks planned for 2017.
• And most importantly……….I want it now

I just wanted to vent to you guys & gals in the know, my wife just gives me a blank stare when I’m talking the G2 ordering thing.