Camper shells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
Yes and Yes, I had one painted at the dealer for 500 bucks. The rear door comes off fairly easily. You basically have hinges with two bolts through them. You also have to remove the struts that hold the door up. It isn't a quick removal situation but still not that difficult. I'd guess it would take maybe 5 mins to get off with somebody to hold it for you while you took the bolts out.

Edit: forgot to quote @Fella33

Fella33

Reaction score
Yes and Yes, I had one painted at the dealer for 500 bucks. The rear door comes off fairly easily. You basically have hinges with two bolts through them. You also have to remove the struts that hold the door up. It isn't a quick removal situation but still not that difficult. I'd guess it would take maybe 5 mins to get off with somebody to hold it for you while you took the bolts out.

Edit: forgot to quote @Fella33
That’s great. Thank you very much.

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
Do you guys have a link to these toppers? I keep googling and when I go to websites (Leer, etc) they don’t have for gen 3 Raptors. Also, if you’ve already got them please post a pic on the truck! Thanks!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Leer has the 100XQ Sport/100XQ in the works and should be ready in 2-3 months for order placing (don't quote me on that). I've got the 100XQ Sport on my Gen 2 and quality/fit/finish all seem much better than my previous ARE or Caravan Campers, I cannot speak to RSI Smart Caps though. shell.jpg

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck looks great, I might just head that route as well. I have the Caravan on my hunting truck and after 20 years it's still rock solid. Those you can't beat but the weight is way too much for the raptor.

WISHiHADaRAPTOR

Reaction score
I've heard that Leer has the 100XQ Sport/100XQ in the works and should be ready in 2-3 months for order placing (don't quote me on that). I've got the 100XQ Sport on my Gen 2 and quality/fit/finish all seem much better than my previous ARE or Caravan Campers, I cannot speak to RSI Smart Caps though. View attachment 338079
Nice looking set up!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Smart Cap last week and it arrived yesterday! I just wish the truck I ordered in July would arrive. I currently have a snug top on my 2019 Raptor and it was issue free, but after seeing the Smart Cap on a F150, I like the look better. However the inside of the Smart Cap does not have a finished look like the Snugtop, but it will provide about two more inches of floor to ceiling space. I’ve seen YouTube videos that indicate the Smart Cap can leak water, but there seems to be an easy fix. Regardles, I had a Snugtop on order since August and it didn’t arrive, so I canceled and surprising the Smart Cap got here quick.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors look hideous with camper shells. But if you need one, you need one.
That is what I thought, but I needed it for my dog crate. I had the shell, hood and doors Rhino Lined and often time people tell me it looks awesome. Plan to do the same with the 2021, but probably add stealth XPel.