Camper shells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, a Gen 2 shell will not fit a Gen 3, at least a Snugtop will not fit it. I have a shell on my Gen 2 and hoped to transfer it to my Gen 3, but was told by Snugtop there is a 2” difference in width. August 31 I ordered another shell and was told 12-16 weeks for delivery.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to indicate Snugtop recently moved to Mexico so that may be the reason delivery will take so long.

Last edited:

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
No, a Gen 2 shell will not fit a Gen 3, at least a Snugtop will not fit it. I have a shell on my Gen 2 and hoped to transfer it to my Gen 3, but was told by Snugtop there is a 2” difference in width. August 31 I ordered another shell and was told 12-16 weeks for delivery.
Which one is wider? Gen 3?

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, yes Gen 3 is wider! The Snugtop I ordered cost a bit over 4K, but I got the large windows, rack rails and increased load capacity. Without those options, I think it was about 3k.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one is wider? Gen 3?
I new here and haven’t figured the tech stuff out yet, I think I answered your question in a regular post…….here it is, Sorry, yes Gen 3 is wider! The Snugtop I ordered cost a bit over 4K, but I got the large windows, rack rails and increased load capacity. Without those options, I think it was about 3k.

Ifly4vamerica

Reaction score
I am looking for pics and input regarding a camper shell for my 2022 gen 3 Raptor. Thanksa
I am partial to the Smart Cap, they should be shipping the 2021 compatible caps this month. Or so I am told by one of their reps. Modular and customizable. I have had a few. My 2017 Smart Cap actually fit my 2021 but it was a bit of a funky fit, I didn't notice that it had a width issue though. It did seam very short though. There are tons of pics if you Google.

Fella33

Reaction score
I am partial to the Smart Cap, they should be shipping the 2021 compatible caps this month. Or so I am told by one of their reps. Modular and customizable. I have had a few. My 2017 Smart Cap actually fit my 2021 but it was a bit of a funky fit, I didn't notice that it had a width issue though. It did seam very short though. There are tons of pics if you Google.
Curious, can you remove the rear door of the Smart Cap? i have never had a truck cap before but i am seriously considering it for my new Raptor and i reply like this one. I can think of times when i would want to remove the door but i can't seem to find the answer online. Also, can this one be painted to match the truck? thanks