Called my dealer today about vin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zx1421

zx1421

Reaction score
Hi Blood - can you check this one
Order# 152R
Dealer F71153
Thanks, Happy New Year

zx1421 - I ordered with Redlands 10/16/12 and was told then it earliest would be March and it went in as priority 18 - am surprised to see you received a priority 10...
Think it is going to be a while

you are correct, blood checked it and I am at pri. 18, my dora says pri 10. On bloods advice, I went shopping today, and found the same equipped truck I ordered from Redlands at Galpin Ford 75 mile away,fresh off the truck, still in plastic, with 5 miles on her, they wouldnt give a price over the phone, I just got back, they will not budge from $10,000 over MSRP, that makes that truck $66k before t&l. They also told me redlands ford will never sell me the truck for $500 over invoice, and probably will never even get the truck, I am hoping its just there, "salesman talk". It wont be "that bad" if I really get my truck in 5 months to save over $10k. But if I wait all that time to just be screwed, I will be pissed.

I have a hard time swallowing close to $70k OTD for a truck, it is a bitchin truck, but come on.:Pshyco:

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are correct, blood checked it and I am at pri. 18, my dora says pri 10. On bloods advice, I went shopping today, and found the same equipped truck I ordered from Redlands at Galpin Ford 75 mile away,fresh off the truck, still in plastic, with 5 miles on her, they wouldnt give a price over the phone, I just got back, they will not budge from $10,000 over MSRP, that makes that truck $66k before t&l. They also told me redlands ford will never sell me the truck for $500 over invoice, and probably will never even get the truck, I am hoping its just there, "salesman talk". It wont be "that bad" if I really get my truck in 5 months to save over $10k. But if I wait all that time to just be screwed, I will be pissed.

I have a hard time swallowing close to $70k OTD for a truck, it is a bitchin truck, but come on.:Pshyco:

Just get your deal with Redlands in writing. If they make a stink about putting it on paper, you know enough. In these cases a handshake means nothing.

OP
OP
zx1421

zx1421

Reaction score
Just get your deal with Redlands in writing. If they make a stink about putting it on paper, you know enough. In these cases a handshake means nothing.

I do have the dora in writing with price, but so much for the priority rating, it says 10, blood says 18.

Time will tell:blah:

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to look around and call, that's what I did before I ordered mine a couple hundred miles away and four months later I got a great truck at a great deal.
P s juncle please put your request in the 2013 status thread.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just about to call and bitch at my dealer for bumping me from 10 to 11. So, I guess it wasn't him that did it?!?!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just about to call and bitch at my dealer for bumping me from 10 to 11. So, I guess it wasn't him that did it?!?!

dealer sets the priority # it is the dealers way of putting orders in line of need,now it dosent mean ford will pull it any faster but if the plant is looking at order preferences it can help. so the dealer did change it,now they may have changed it by default meaning having so many orders already at pri,10.