Call me crazy... But...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
So unless there’s a sticker that says that the vehicle is California compliant it is not compliant .. attached is a picture of a window sticker from a raptor that is not in California and you can clearly see the line item California emissions... I could be wrong but why would a dealer that I was trying to give 70k cash too say sorry they couldn’t sell me a new truck because it was not compliant

View attachment 148589
I bought one and it didn’t have it on the window sticker but it is under the hood. I went through the whole process. The dmv looked at the truck, looked at the sticker under the hood and that was it. Pay the fees, weigh it on the way back across the border at a cat scale, done deal.

Booth9999

Reaction score
F98DE602-F800-4FDB-B554-C44E187A4BA5.jpeg
I’m still in the market for
A raptor and if anyone has a raptor
From out of state if they could
Post a picture of the sticker that states it is California compliant that would be awesome... and like I said I could be wrong but I’m just going off the info a dealership told me

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this is probably what’s keeping Ford from offering a Ford Performance tune. Anymore performamce and it wouldn’t pass emissions over there.

Frado760

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and picture if you don’t mind me asking what state did you buy the truck in and how much did you end up saving compared to California and did you ship it or pick it up thank u

Booth9999

Reaction score
Arizona, and it was a different time then for sure. I paid MSRP, which was hard when they were fresh out. Comparably the best my local dealer would do at the time was $5000 over while they wanted $20,000 over. Ended up saving that and then got a great deal tradein wise on a green Chevy truck my mother-in-law couldn’t sell here. Also made nice trip to Peoria for me and the fam to see my dad.