Buying questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found a dealer 4 hours away. Thanks guys!!

I wan to get the screw 801a front and rear cam and spray on bed. Anything you think I'm missing?

801A comes with the rear camera. If you want the front camera also, you have to order the Front and Rear camera option (another $448 at invoice). Some of us have the NAV-TV to utilize the cameras more fully.

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont get the factory spray on bed liner

Noted, thanks!

I also didnt know you had the option to take the stripper pole off. Thats good to know. My dad has one in his truck and its absolutely ridiculous.

So all I want now is the SCREW black 801a. I don't need the front camera. I don't want the blue interior. And ill probably get aftermarket graphics.

Any other ideas before I seal the deal?

waynegg

Reaction score
Afternoon...if you are not in a hurry just order and new one...doesn't make sense to buy a used one with current prices...That is if you are able to order a 2013 at or around dealer invoice...

Ask yourself this- why would a company,in business to make profit, go to all the work that's involved with ordering, following up repeatedly on said order, and and spend the hours of customer service it takes to handle a special order only to turn around and break even on the deal. DEALERS call my store daily to buy the trucks we have for $2000 to $3000 over invoice so they can sell to their customers. Anyone telling you they can sell at or close to invoice for a Raptor is either

a. Lying
~or~
b. located in an area where super trucks aren't big sellers.

Just saying.

Noted, thanks!

I also didnt know you had the option to take the stripper pole off. Thats good to know. My dad has one in his truck and its absolutely ridiculous.

So all I want now is the SCREW black 801a. I don't need the front camera. I don't want the blue interior. And ill probably get aftermarket graphics.

Any other ideas before I seal the deal?

If you're using it for what it's built for, I would highly recommend the front camera. I have that exact truck you describe on our lot. As far as bedliner goes, we can get you a much better job than the one from the factory for an extra $375.

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score

waynegg

Reaction score
Oh, I understand those points, but when other dealers are willing to pay so much over invoice so they can turn around and sell it for profit, there is no incentive to sell lower. That's just common sense. I looked at that thread and for the most part those dealers are in areas where Raptor sales are weak.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask yourself this- why would a company,in business to make profit, go to all the work that's involved with ordering, following up repeatedly on said order, and and spend the hours of customer service it takes to handle a special order only to turn around and break even on the deal. DEALERS call my store daily to buy the trucks we have for $2000 to $3000 over invoice so they can sell to their customers. Anyone telling you they can sell at or close to invoice for a Raptor is either

a. Lying
~or~

So I am happy to report your an idiot. You question those on here as if we have something to gain by lying about the purchase price. I am happy to provide a copy of the sales agreement to anyone that wants one. Second in my case the dealer explained that if I order and it has my name on it, that truck does not go against how many he is allowed to have. The dealer in my area respects his customers sells most vehicles for less than MSRP and is one of the largest Ford truck dealers in California. You have to ask why, because he makes a fair profit and does not gouge each customer. He sells more, so in the end makes more... Selling 25 trucks @ 1000 profit he makes 25,000 (this is just a number and not a true number just for example). If he sells 100 @ 500 profit he makes 50,000 in the month... It is not rocket science why would you do it anyother way.... Around here, there are a lot of Ford dealers to choose from so they have to compete for business... They dont give it away but lets face the truth. Dealer hold back + incentives (biggest selling dealer gets more money) + service customers + financing kick back + warranty sales + accessories sold in finance + happy customer.. This all adds up to a successful business plan. Thats why my dealer drives a GT40 because he has figuered out something your (you) dealer has not.... Raptors are not a limited production vehicle and he sells more than most every month... You speak of hours of customer service that parts laughable... I went in spent less than an hour ordred what I wanted next phone call was him calling me to say "hey your truck will be here tomorrow".... Thats not exaclty bad money for 450.00 over invoice... He netted over 2,000.00 plus on just one truck deal by not being greedy...

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a. Lying
~or~

So I am happy to report your an idiot. You question those on here as if we have something to gain by lying about the purchase price. I am happy to provide a copy of the sales agreement to anyone that wants one. Second in my case the dealer explained that if I order and it has my name on it, that truck does not go against how many he is allowed to have. The dealer in my area respects his customers sells most vehicles for less than MSRP and is one of the largest Ford truck dealers in California. You have to ask why, because he makes a fair profit and does not gouge each customer. He sells more, so in the end makes more... Selling 25 trucks @ 1000 profit he makes 25,000 (this is just a number and not a true number just for example). If he sells 100 @ 500 profit he makes 50,000 in the month... It is not rocket science why would you do it anyother way.... Around here, there are a lot of Ford dealers to choose from so they have to compete for business... They dont give it away but lets face the truth. Dealer hold back + incentives (biggest selling dealer gets more money) + service customers + financing kick back + warranty sales + accessories sold in finance + happy customer.. This all adds up to a successful business plan. Thats why my dealer drives a GT40 because he has figuered out something your (you) dealer has not.... Raptors are not a limited production vehicle and he sells more than most every month... You speak of hours of customer service that parts laughable... I went in spent less than an hour ordred what I wanted next phone call was him calling me to say "hey your truck will be here tomorrow".... Thats not exaclty bad money for 450.00 over invoice... He netted over 2,000.00 plus on just one truck deal by not being greedy...

x2 Ice...Pigs get fat and hogs slaughtered...So if the hold back is 3% that basically flows to the bottom line that is not bad...plus all intangibles you mention...

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense for dealers to sell these trucks for close to invoice. They up their allocation for the next year, it's a unit they would otherwise not sell, they will more than likely get repeat sales to this customer and referrals they would not otherwise get. Once a customer walks out of your showroom, it's likely they will never be back. I bought 2 new Fords from a dealer in the past, when it came to the Raptor they wanted over MSRP. They lost me a customer and will never get anymore referrals from me.

golferdude1971

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It makes sense for dealers to sell these trucks for close to invoice. They up their allocation for the next year, it's a unit they would otherwise not sell, they will more than likely get repeat sales to this customer and referrals they would not otherwise get. Once a customer walks out of your showroom, it's likely they will never be back. I bought 2 new Fords from a dealer in the past, when it came to the Raptor they wanted over MSRP. They lost me a customer and will never get anymore referrals from me.

My dealer also lost me as a future customer...all because they were too lazy to do a vehicle search. I'm astonished how dealers like that stay in business.

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I made 4 phone calls to 4 different dealers and 2 of them told me they would sell it for invoice. The other two acted like I was out of my mind and virtually hung up on me.