Busted hood nut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffb1051

Reaction score
ok so I just got my Outlaw hood light brackets (very nice pieces) and HIDs, go to start the install, and the very first hood bolt I loosen breaks the nut loose (which I assume is tack-welded??) Obviously the bolts not coming out- just spins. I checked the other 3- all break free and thread out fine. Using a 3" handled 1/4" drive ratchet-WTF???? The truck is a '12 with 4,500 miles- has anybody heard of this happening?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm seems like you broke the weld holding the insert loose you might have to take the fender off to get to it! First time I've heard of this happening.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check in the morning but you may be able to get to it through the fender vent hole. I'll let you know if I find a way without having to remove your fender.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like the nut is inside the fender support frame. My best guess for your cheapest fix is try to get your local dealership to warranty it. If that doesn't work find out the correct nutsert for the bolt and install that.

OP
OP
jeffb1051

jeffb1051

Reaction score
thanks for checking. I spent some time this morning checking as well....then ran by the local Ford dealer. Talked to a tech there who said they shouldnt have a problem covering it under warranty- going to drop it off Monday and hope for the best. If not, then Ive got a back up plan in mind.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is great that they are helping you out. With my luck and the local dealers here, they would have voided my warranty for being wanting to be too modified.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter