Bumper/flare paint code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have better/newer information? I just purchased the touch up paint for paint code UJ called "sterling gray" and this is too dark for the rear bumper. However according to Ford's SSM the paint code UJ is correct for Raptor bumpers. So did Ford just flat out lie or is my paint defective?

jimmyazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue when I was rearended my body shop guy couldn't figure out what color to paint the new bumper, we settled on UJ which was slightly darker but it was close enough since the whole bumper was painted

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The grey color is bottom of the barrel, work truck bumper grey. It's butt ugly. We all spent a lot of money so that these trucks would stand out from the other cheaper F150's. I don't know how y'all feel but do not want any of this WT bumper grey shit on my $55,000 truck. I refuse. Do yourselves a favor and get the flares color matched to you truck. As for the bumper, its up to you. Im doing mine black. You won't regret it. Get 'er done!

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the bumpers are powder coated, not painted. That's most likely why no touch-up paint is available from Ford.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the bumpers are powder coated, not painted. That's most likely why no touch-up paint is available from Ford.

I believe that is correct and a bad job of it to boot. Very soft paint!!!

The flares are not impregnated on my 2010.
There are a light yellowish color under the thin coat of what ever it is.
Found that out when this full 50 gal. drum jump out and hit my passenger side front flare. LOL

I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Ragegame15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the flare comes the same color as they are on the truck. Had to replace one of mine. It was $412 with tax

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Yes I do believe this is correct.

Yikes the flares run over $400 a piece?