Bump stop travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump stops

I have the same setup,ready lift kit with the 2.5 king bump stops, WSI leafs ,fox 3.0 and the bump stop constantly hit during every day driving. With the truck on level ground the bump stops are less than 2" from the plates.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same setup,ready lift kit with the 2.5 king bump stops, WSI leafs ,fox 3.0 and the bump stop constantly hit during every day driving. With the truck on level ground the bump stops are less than 2" from the plates.

Well, I'm not going to say that I'm happy about your situation but at least we can hopefully get an answer to our issues and that I'm not the only one who has the same problem.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the thread is about bump stop travel, I have a question:

I seem to constantly be hitting my bumpstops. I thought it was due to the stock springs and ordered Deaver +3's. Seemed to raise the truck sufficiently, as I have Icon 3.0's all around. The fronts are set at top perch (maybe just a hair higher). Regardless, even on small elevation changes, like entering my driveway that is slightly more elevated than the street, I can feel the rear hit the bumps. Is this normal?

I have the Ready Lift Bump Stop kit with 2.5" bumps that I bought last year at TRR.

Any input and advice is appreciated. Just want to make sure that everything is operating as it should be.

So you guys have less than 4" of up travel total including the 2" of bump travel? That doesn't seem right.

I haven't even compressed my bumps all the way jumping it...granted I have 3.5s

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have't seen the Ready Lift kit, but with springs, especially +3, you should have sufficient up travel that you aren't hitting the bumps around town. I had a sacked set of Deaver +1's when I first got my RPG bumpstop kit and that was the only time I was hitting the bumps around town.

It was very difficult but I made it through without hitting that ball off the T...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either the ready lift is using a 4" stroke bump, or they're mounted too low and limiting travel.
If they are 4" stroke, take them apart and make the spacer 1.5" longer.

Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone with a stock height Raptor and a properly designed bumpstop kit will have that happen. I have the RPG kit and I certainly do. Remember that these trucks only have about 5" of up travel in the rear at stock height with no load, so a 2.5" bumpstop only leaves about 2.5" of pre-bumpstop up travel on a good day. So any little bump will cause the truck to hit the bumpstop.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone with a stock height Raptor and a properly designed bumpstop kit will have that happen. I have the RPG kit and I certainly do. Remember that these trucks only have about 5" of up travel in the rear at stock height with no load, so a 2.5" bumpstop only leaves about 2.5" of pre-bumpstop up travel on a good day. So any little bump will cause the truck to hit the bumpstop.

Mine did not.
First step is to make sure you're running around 120 psi in the bumps. More than that upsets the rear.

Reaction score
More or less pressure in the bumpstops won't "upset" anything, nor will it have any bearing on when the bumpstop pads contact the axle. The pressure in the bumpstop is an adjustment; the perfect pressure for your truck will vary depending on things like the normal load you carry in your bed, the speeds you plan to travel over rough terrain, or how rough the terrain is you want to travel on. It can also be affected by aftermarket bypass shocks, shock valving, or more/less progressive springs. Excess pressure in the bumpstop will limit your up travel, make the impact between the axle and bumpstop excessively harsh, and generally suck. If the pressure is too low it will cause the bumpstop to bottom out on itself and potentially damage itself or the mounts. Unlike simple air helper springs the air bump has internal valving so excess pressure won't cause the rear end of the truck to hop or jump or anything like that.