GEN 1 Broken front LCA mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mortega_69

Reaction score
Glad you didn't roll it and everyone is ok, that looks like a rough fix, maybe it can be handled a lot easier than it seems
I’ll see I’ve got some good experience with cars but I’ve never done frame work I’m a good welder but I’d be little iffy to cut and weld the frame I’ve found a new frame for the truck for $1,500 but I don’t have a lift which I would almost for sure need if I’m going to put it on a new frame
Yeah as mentioned, I would opt to have a frame restoration shop bend back the damaged area to ask close within spec as possible. THEN, weld in the KHC support kit. This will A: allow you to get your alignment back as close as possible. B: prevent/make this area almost bullet proof for future off-roading
ill probably go with this idea seems the most plausible If this doesn’t work I’ll figure out someway to put a whole new frame in

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could always get tricky with a Porta Power and bend it back.

1683590207418.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
As mentioned, I'd have a frame shop square everything up. Then have that support welded in by a really good welder.

Or......

Cut the front off and go full luxury pre runner build...

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind if you do the slot delete you will need adjustable upper control arms to do an alignment. Also, i believe only SVC and Icon let you adjust them while on the truck. The others require you to remove the bolts to turn the heims. Also, make sure you have a shop that understands how to do an alignment using the UCAs. I’d suggest the SPC cam kit and then weld some plates on the bottom side of the frame to “box out” where the LCA attaches. Adding gauge (doubler) to the vertical flange will help but the better option is creating a stronger cross section. Keep it dirty did the same thing and i copied it and did the same to mine

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how this turned out, as I am late to the party. But Foutz makes replacement LCA pockets.

OP
OP
M

Mortega_69

Reaction score
Thanks that actually would have been perfect. i already got a shop to pull the frame and get it back to normal though but maybe next time who knows.