Brake Pedal Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLad

Reaction score
What is the fix for this annoying feature? Can you replace whatever is clicking under the hood?
That is what the tech is suggesting. If you have someone press and release the break pedal while your head is under the hood next to the electronic brake unit, you’ll realize that’s definitely where the sound is coming from. Like I stated before, part is on order and I will update, hopefully with a solution!

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely feel a click when I push on the brake pedal to start the truck, but not once it's running.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is what the tech is suggesting. If you have someone press and release the break pedal while your head is under the hood next to the electronic brake unit, you’ll realize that’s definitely where the sound is coming from. Like I stated before, part is on order and I will update, hopefully with a solution!
If you need to have your head under the hood next to the Electric Brake Booster to hear it, you’re most likely chasing a normal EBB noise.

Szilard

Reaction score
this clicking noise happens on my 2023 R without the engine running so it's something with the brake pedal mechanism.
Hi there, Just curious if you have managed to find what was causing that clicking noise. Mine does it when pressing and releasing brake pedal even when the engine is off.
Thanks

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hi there, Just curious if you have managed to find what was causing that clicking noise. Mine does it when pressing and releasing brake pedal even when the engine is off.
Thanks

Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with clicking brake pedal.

The answer is in this thread, 4 posts above the one you quoted.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what if you don’t replace it? Why is the tech recommending to replace it? Because it makes a click?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was this ever resolved? Mine is doing it all the time now.