Brake Pedal Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Range44

Reaction score
I was wonering if anyone else has noticed the light audible click when pressing the brake pedal? The sound even resinates a little in the dash area. It's a very light click and sorry if I have now brought it to your attention. It does it sitting and driving. Almost sounds like a selinoid clicking? My 2023 35 Raptor did it, my 2023 37 pp Raptor does it, my sisters 2022 expedition does it and my dads 2023 Platinum F-150 does it. Is this just a Ford thing? Just curious what actual noise is and if there is a fix?

DLad

Reaction score
I work at a Ford dealership and have a 2022 Raptor myself and no click. However, I have a customer that bought a 2023 Raptor that clicks. It’s not shiftlock. His was in the unit itself under the hood. Upon applying pressure to the brake pedal, it will click a couple times. Releasing the break will result in the same couple of clicks. It can faintly be felt by holding the unit as well while someone applies the brake pedal.

OP
OP
Range44

Range44

Reaction score
I work at a Ford dealership and have a 2022 Raptor myself and no click. However, I have a customer that bought a 2023 Raptor that clicks. It’s not shiftlock. His was in the unit itself under the hood. Upon applying pressure to the brake pedal, it will click a couple times. Releasing the break will result in the same couple of clicks. It can faintly be felt by holding the unit as well while someone applies the brake pedal.
What is the fix for this annoying feature? Can you replace whatever is clicking under the hood?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I feel like you could have added a couple more sentences here to give the outcome. Instead, you left us wondering.

DLad

Reaction score
I feel like you could have added a couple more sentences here to give the outcome. Instead, you left us wondering.
I apologize for the cliff hanger! They have the unit on order but I will update when the new unit is installed.