Brain Hurts, Wheel/Tire Selection...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Sorry I am really stubborn when it comes to wheel offset. Svt made it +34mm for a reason. With 0mm offset and true 35s even at top perch your tires will eat your fenders off-road

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I am really stubborn when it comes to wheel offset. Svt made it +34mm for a reason. With 0mm offset and true 35s even at top perch your tires will eat your fenders off-road

Even though I am gritting my teeth writing this.

Birdman is correct about offset on the Raptor.

-Greg

Last edited:

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you at stock perch? What tire size? If you go to middle perch+ or retain stock tire size then its possible you will be OK but most go a tire size up and stay at stock perch height. Its a bad combo. Plus you're begging for trouble down the road with wheel bearings. It just isn't proper

Middle perch stock tires. I will report back when the Generals are installed after the Raptor Run. I'll try to find a nice little jump to get full compression.

With 0mm offset and true 35s even at top perch your tires will eat your fenders off-road

I know several guys with methods and 35" Toyos...no issues when off road.

At any rate, we all have our opinions and likely wont budge from our stance. Cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Birdman is correct about offset on the Raptor.

:leghump:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Middle perch stock tires. I will report back when the Generals are installed after the Raptor Run. I'll try to find a nice little jump to get full compression.

I know several guys with methods and 35" Toyos...no issues when off road.

At any rate, we all have our opinions and likely wont budge from our stance. Cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

:leghump:

i don't have a stance. i spread truth and good information.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

and some not so good information :D

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 35" Grabbers, 17" Method Standards 0mm offset, I'm on Top Perch, and have torn out my right fenderwell at full compression.

I agree with Birdman, and can provide photographic evidence to back his claim if need be.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have also seen Brochacho tear out a fenderwell with STOCK wheels and tires. Also can provide pics for any non-believers

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 35" Grabbers, 17" Method Standards 0mm offset, I'm on Top Perch, and have torn out my right fenderwell at full compression.

I agree with Birdman, and can provide photographic evidence to back his claim if need be.

Then it appears I am wrong.

I have also seen Brochacho tear out a fenderwell with STOCK wheels and tires. Also can provide pics for any non-believers

With -6 and stock BFG tires there was no evidence of rubbing after several jumps like this. I wish I could say the same for my skid plate...RIP.

*Note to self, dont hold the throttle as you go through a jump.

IMG_2648.png

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Then it appears I am wrong.

With -6 and stock BFG tires there was no evidence of rubbing after several jumps like this. I wish I could say the same for my skid plate...RIP.

*Note to self, dont hold the throttle as you go through a jump.

IMG_2648.png

Haha I do love that pic tho

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't run 20's. Trophy Trucks run 17's for a reason. Running 20's is just hurting your performance for the sake of bling.