Bought lifted 14' SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onesaltykahuna
Reaction score
What island are you on?
Thanks man, I'm from the Big Island, kona side. Yeah I definitely like the look but I can see the cons i.e. higher center of gravity, cv axles etc. The truck actually came with a set of offbrand 10 spoke rims, but its a negative offset around 3" past fenders so now I gotta worry about wheel bearings haha. Nice profile though, 37×13.50R20's. I got a buddy willing to sell me his fuel trophies with stt pro's, 37×12.50R18 0 offset. I was looking into the fenders too, probably ADV or Fiberwerx but there isnt a bodyshop on this island that i'd trust, more than likely just money laundering than legit business lol super shady. I wouldnt mind keeping the lift if I can find a way to ditch the spacers.

OP
OP
Onesaltykahuna
Reaction score
I
What island are you on?
Also I did see the KHC's but that would be more cut/welding. Doesnt the hat bolt up to gen 1 buckets as is? I'd see it being a problem with fitment overextending if it were stock height. Idk, appreciate the recommendations and not flaming me.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Flat out reckless flaming a dude is just being an idiot. Your also just trying to convert some things back and maximize the truck for what it can be in original form. Either way get it to what makes you happy.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm from the Big Island, kona side. Yeah I definitely like the look but I can see the cons i.e. higher center of gravity, cv axles etc. The truck actually came with a set of offbrand 10 spoke rims, but its a negative offset around 3" past fenders so now I gotta worry about wheel bearings haha. Nice profile though, 37×13.50R20's. I got a buddy willing to sell me his fuel trophies with stt pro's, 37×12.50R18 0 offset. I was looking into the fenders too, probably ADV or Fiberwerx but there isnt a bodyshop on this island that i'd trust, more than likely just money laundering than legit business lol super shady. I wouldnt mind keeping the lift if I can find a way to ditch the spacers.
I did my own fiberglass install from adv and it was relatively easy, just takes some time and finesse to get the lines right but afterward it really is awesome.

Big island roads are no where as bad as Oahu roads so I really wouldn’t be so concerned with something breaking but just potential accelerated wear.

as far as the khc option your best bet would be to just call them up, they are super helpful, and explain what you have going on and how they feel one of their products might help.

OP
OP
Onesaltykahuna
Reaction score
Flat out reckless flaming a dude is just being an idiot. Your also just trying to convert some things back and maximize the truck for what it can be in original form. Either way get it to what makes you happy.
This community is definitely a lot more mature and put together than some of the other forums I was in, considering you guys own a truck worth more than your average joe, you guys dont act like your shit doesn't stink lol. I wouldn't mind investing in an RPG bolt kit down the road when I have money to splurge on, wouldn't that replace the entire front end too? But at the same time you'd probably just be better off putting all that as a down for the 3rd gen R, linked rear/lt front with a factory warranty is win/win to me. Plus you can vroom vroom boom boom with the seats and fold down armrest lol.

OP
OP
Onesaltykahuna
Reaction score
I did my own fiberglass install from adv and it was relatively easy, just takes some time and finesse to get the lines right but afterward it really is awesome.

Big island roads are no where as bad as Oahu roads so I really wouldn’t be so concerned with something breaking but just potential accelerated wear.

as far as the khc option your best bet would be to just call them up, they are super helpful, and explain what you have going on and how they feel one of their products might help.
Your truck looks amazing man, love the frame cut front. It would be a bit overkill for here but it definitely sticks out, noone here has a raptor with frame cut front and rear. As for the roads, I agree. Makes me wonder where the tax payers money is going with Hawaii's mediocre crooked politicians :rolleyes: also what brand headlights you got? I'm looking to replace the projectors with some raptorretrofit's but I don't have a road legal car to drive while the truck is down without headlights. Shipping is a nightmare, you know how it is :mad:

OP
OP
Onesaltykahuna
Reaction score

Also did you notice a difference in the get up and go with the added weight? Or MPG's at all? Does it emphasize the nose dive under hard braking as well?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck looks amazing man, love the frame cut front. It would be a bit overkill for here but it definitely sticks out, noone here has a raptor with frame cut front and rear. As for the roads, I agree. Makes me wonder where the tax payers money is going with Hawaii's mediocre crooked politicians :rolleyes: also what brand headlights you got? I'm looking to replace the projectors with some raptorretrofit's but I don't have a road legal car to drive while the truck is down without headlights. Shipping is a nightmare, you know how it is :mad:
Where’s the money? in the concrete art project they keep building in 5 year sections haha last I check it was $25B over budget or something haha

the headlights I had were just some cheaper aftermarket ones. Full disclosure there is a new owner of that truck now. The bumpers I built myself but the frame cut isn’t very difficult to do with any of the production bumpers. They really do add to the look and function, there was a post awhile back about another island raptor with concerns about inspection with frame cut. Worth a search if you have the time, I don’t remember the outcome