Bought 2017 Tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Olathe...

Here's a few quick pics taken after getting her home tonight...

12983-raptorhome7-6-17.jpg

12984-raptorhome2.jpg

12985-raptorhome3.jpg

Last edited:

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the black Raptors look the best. I chose avalanche because I also thought it looked good and it would hide dirt pretty well. After having mine for a few months now and doing some off roading in the desert and up in Mammoth last weekend, it's amazing how dirty my truck can get and it's barely noticeable except on the flares and bumpers. But black looks killer. Congrats!!

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new truck and the deal you got on both sides.

Just FYI as a dealer we can order a unit several different ways but retail units primarily get ordered as stock or retail. Retail would indicate special order. Order type determines to Ford which orders get for scheduling first. Obviously retails get pulled before stock orders. With specialty units like the Raptor dealers will often place orders as retail even if they aren't. Doing that will help them get the unit quicker. Ford doesn't appreciate that though.

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info and insight into the ordering process. Thank you. Loving the truck so far!

Just a few minor nits I noticed last night vs my '13. The power fold mirror have to have the key on (i.e. fob in vehicle and pushbutton to accessory at least) to fold them in. They were always powered on my '13 so you could fold without key in/around. Convenient in the home garage when you wanted to make some more room around the truck if you forgot to fold them on entering garage. The placement of the driving mode switch is too easy to confuse with volume as that was where volume was on my '13 (near that area of the wheel). Memory seat buttons are not as intuitive location vs. on the seat like the '13.

Getting used to the lack of V8 sound, but as we break in and can get more into the throttle, I'm sure this too shall pass.:biggrin:

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Black Trucks Matter!

great looking truck, looks a lot like Lucille.
<resting comfortably in my driveway>

benjaminlox

Reaction score
I see that your in Olathe, Im in OP. Ive been to several dealers who all attested to a 5k ADM. Where did you go to get this one? Bob Allen? Im about to go out of town looking for one. Can you tell me who you were dealing with? Thanks.

Found on an Autotrader search.

Shadow Black SCREW, 802A. Everything but the tailgate applique' and factory bedliner. The raptorfinder.com site says 1 of 3 in this configuration. I personally like the "naked" tailgate better. Was not going to order CF interior but liked it once I saw it.

Here's my sticker with more details...

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1RG6HFC89036

MSRP deal at $70,925 sticker + $199 admin fee..

Traded in my Gen 1 '13 SCREW with 47k miles for $40k (like selling outright for $43.8k with the tax savings on trades here in KS) so both sides of the deal were "fair" in my assessment.

Happy with this deal in the current market of MSRP+. We are in Kansas and most dealers are sticking firm to asking $5k+ over, but starting to deal...

More pics later this week.:biggrin:

12985-raptorhome3.jpg