GEN 2 Bora Wheel Spacers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory Raptor wheels have pockets on the back side. 1.5" Bora spacers should work w/o any cutting. The rear studs are longer than the fronts so any issues will show up there first. I just installed 1.5 on the back and 1.25 on the front, no cutting or fitment issues. I used those sizes to avoid any cutting and it looks perfect IMO, you would never know they are slightly different sizes and the front tires tend to project further from the fender lip than the rears when stock anyway, so this makes them look consistent. good luck....

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory Raptor wheels have pockets on the back side. 1.5" Bora spacers should work w/o any cutting. The rear studs are longer than the fronts so any issues will show up there first. I just installed 1.5 on the back and 1.25 on the front, no cutting or fitment issues. I used those sizes to avoid any cutting and it looks perfect IMO, you would never know they are slightly different sizes and the front tires tend to project further from the fender lip than the rears when stock anyway, so this makes them look consistent. good luck....

I was hoping to use smaller spacers, like 1/2" to widen the stance just slightly but was trying to understand how the studs might interfere with the pockets on the back of the wheels.

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up and update. I have the BORA 1.5" spacers on front and back of my 2018. I also have the 17-18 beadlocks. The fronts are fine but the backs seem to have a slight space between the spacer and the wheel itself. The space is only big enough to slide a piece of paper between the spacer and the wheel. Again this is on the older style 17-18 beadlocks on the rear wheels and with the 1.5" BORA spacers. Not sure if this will cause an issue or not.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping to use smaller spacers, like 1/2" to widen the stance just slightly but was trying to understand how the studs might interfere with the pockets on the back of the wheels.

you do not want to attempt that, you would have to cut a full inch off of each stud.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up and update. I have the BORA 1.5" spacers on front and back of my 2018. I also have the 17-18 beadlocks. The fronts are fine but the backs seem to have a slight space between the spacer and the wheel itself. The space is only big enough to slide a piece of paper between the spacer and the wheel. Again this is on the older style 17-18 beadlocks on the rear wheels and with the 1.5" BORA spacers. Not sure if this will cause an issue or not.

I would hit the tip of each rear stud with an angle grinder if you are certain they are touching. I used a small mirror through the wheel spokes in a few places per wheel with mine to insure the wheel mounted flush and was not being held away by the studs prior to torqueing.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
Are you saying the 2019+ beadlocks have relief pockets on the back side? If so, how deep?

How did you cut your studs, cutoff wheel on a grinder?
Yes, I'm almost nearly certain though I don't own a set so I won't say 100%. But look at pictures of the wheels and you will see for yourself. A flap wheel works better than a grinding wheel.
When you put on the spacer you will see how much to remove. Its probably a 2-3mm at most.

The mating surface of the gen 1 and early gen 2 beadlocks are of the exact same design.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
A flap wheel will not work. If you are cutting a stud you need a cut off wheel.
Good point, especially if going with any spacer smaller than 1.5in.
We're talking about trimming the tip of the stud. You could probably use whatever you had here and get it done.

Last edited:

guitar2323

Reaction score
Agreed @MZRaptor72. The offset of my factory wheels with the 1.5" spacers are the same as aftermarket 17" wheels such as Method, Icon, Black Rhino, Fuel, etc.... Quality spacers such as Bora Installed Correctly have zero risk of failure. I challenge you to find someone that has had a Bora wheel spacer fail that was not an installation error.

There are a lot of idiots out there that dont properly install spacers or used Chinese junk and they fail. Then they blame the spacers and dont take responsibility for their crap install.

I know there are people out there that would be interested in spacing out their stock wheels so I thought I would just share my experience with installing them. If you dont like them feel free to move onto the next thread.

View attachment 124928
View attachment 124927

View attachment 124926
What brand did of spacers are you using?It looks awesome.