GEN 2 Bora Wheel Spacers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADJUJU

Reaction score
1.5 BORA spacers fit perfect on the front of the truck, the back not so much...

The rear will leave 2-3 mm of thread sticking out too far, the tire will not mount flush and will make a grinding noise while driving / braking.
You will need to roll down the windows and move the vehicle slowly to observe. sounds like bad disc brakes.

First attempt I torqued the wheels @ 150 pds, drove slowly and heard the noise. removed the back wheels and could instantly see the problem, there were indentions on the rim from touching the threads. No good!

a quick fix and now my spacers work / fit properly.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I followed your process and drilled my ‘19 Beadlocks to fit the 1.25 Bora’s as well. I am so thankful that you shared the idea as it’s a great option.
I think as the spacer gets wider there is less lug to hit the wheel so at 1.5” the lugs should need no trimming where as the 1.25” need little and 1” will need more.
BTW- your build is looking amazing!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR
You are most welcome and glad to hear one of my goofy ideas helped out. Keep in mind, I didn’t think of this til after I did it, that you will need to do the fronts too when you rotate. I ended up swapping wheels before that [emoji30]Thank you very much! it has gone a far different direction from “I’m gonna keep it stock” when I first got the truck since I got into this forum lol. My wife thinks I’m crazy...a few more things and I think I’m done [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The rear will leave 2-3 mm of thread sticking out too far, the tire will not mount flush and will make a grinding noise while driving / braking.
You will need to roll down the windows and move the vehicle slowly to observe. sounds like bad disc brakes.

First attempt I torqued the wheels @ 150 pds, drove slowly and heard the noise. removed the back wheels and could instantly see the problem, there were indentions on the rim from touching the threads. No good!

What wheels are you running? Most here have zero problems with Bora 1.5" spacers on stock wheels

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are most welcome and glad to hear one of my goofy ideas helped out. Keep in mind, I didn’t think of this til after I did it, that you will need to do the fronts too when you rotate. I ended up swapping wheels before that [emoji30]Thank you very much! it has gone a far different direction from “I’m gonna keep it stock” when I first got the truck since I got into this forum lol. My wife thinks I’m crazy...a few more things and I think I’m done [emoji848]

I actually drilled them all except the spare as I was close to time for tire rotation.
I have a white 802a that was delivered in May and I think I’m ready for new wheels and exhaust. I have always had my eye in the VenomRex 601’s in black now I’m thinking maybe bronze but it may be to big of a leap for me. Lol! I have a few hours yet to decide till the sale ends tonight. [emoji2371]
Please do report on the exhaust as I’m so ready for a little sound.
Thanks!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually drilled them all except the spare as I was close to time for tire rotation.
I have a white 802a that was delivered in May and I think I’m ready for new wheels and exhaust. I have always had my eye in the VenomRex 601’s in black now I’m thinking maybe bronze but it may be to big of a leap for me. Lol! I have a few hours yet to decide till the sale ends tonight. [emoji2371]
Please do report on the exhaust as I’m so ready for a little sound.
Thanks!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR
Cool you thought further ahead than me lol. Got my white 802a in May as well. Yea I understand the gold was a big leap for me wasn’t even 100% sure I was going to like it until I saw them installed now I am so glad I did it. I also was looking at black or grey but Nick helped nudge me to gold and so glad he did. I see so many trucks with black wheels around here they blend in and wouldn’t look too much different than the grey OEM beadlocks. The gold or bronze definitely sticks out and makes it pop. I get compliments on it almost daily. I’d go Bronze!!!

As for the exhaust so far I really like it. Has a very nice sound not too loud while cruising, cold starts are great, a very deep throaty sound.

Last edited:

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What wheels are you running? Most here have zero problems with Bora 1.5" spacers on stock wheels

I'd like to know what wheels this was happening on as well @BADJUJU

Last edited:

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I think a few other members were successful with installing the 1.5" spacers on the 17-18 OEM beadlocks without issues. What was your solution to the thread sticking out?