GEN 2 Bora Wheel Spacers Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADJUJU

Reaction score
I'll be removing the wheels this weekend to recheck and tighting up things.

will get pics of the problems (I) had.

jhsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be removing the wheels this weekend to recheck and tighting up things.

will get pics of the problems (I) had.

Awesome, thanks. I'm sure there will be others that could use the info also.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed BORA 1.5” spacers to for Maxxis RAZR MT 35x13.5r17. With the tires measuring 14.2” between the beads, the offset is slightly more than I had anticipated, but it looks killer.

Installed using blue loc-tite, and torqued all boots to 130ft/lb.

View attachment 126184

View attachment 126185

Did you install the spacers just to adjust the stance or were they needed to fit the x13.50 tires? Do you think the 35x13.50 would have fit stock stance?

Last edited:

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install the spacers just to adjust the stance or were they needed to fit the x13.50 tires? Do you think the 35x13.50 would have fit stock stance?

sorry for the late response, but they were needed to fit the tires

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Nice post op! Good info. I’m still not clear, however, on whether or not I’ll need to drill the OEM 19’ beadlocks to clear the studs of the 1.5” BORA’s

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice post op! Good info. I’m still not clear, however, on whether or not I’ll need to drill the OEM 19’ beadlocks to clear the studs of the 1.5” BORA’s

There has never been a need to modify anything to clear the studs of BORA spacers, there HAS been an interference issue with using BORA spacers less than ~1.5" and too much of the stock wheel stud projects through the spacer and touches the wheel. Generally 1.5" spacers work with factory Gen2 wheels w/o modification, but always check for interference. The factory rear wheel studs are longer than the front studs, so if there is interference it will show up on the rear wheels first.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
There has never been a need to modify anything to clear the studs of BORA spacers, there HAS been an interference issue with using BORA spacers less than ~1.5" and too much of the stock wheel stud projects through the spacer and touches the wheel. Generally 1.5" spacers work with factory Gen2 wheels w/o modification, but always check for interference. The factory rear wheel studs are longer than the front studs, so if there is interference it will show up on the rear wheels first.

awesome thanks for clarifying that

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
the issues with not enough clearance are only really for the older style beadlocks as they have no relief cutout/pocket on the mating face of the wheel. 17-18 (and gen 1 beadlocks) are designed in this way. I was considering getting a set of 19+ beadlocks for my gen 1 for this reason.

But ultimately you don't have trim more than half of the non-threaded portion of the stud anyway. Really looks pretty safe to do. I did this about 40k miles ago on the front and more recently in the rear. My only concern is thst max torque rating for the aluminum bora spacers is apparently 140 and I've noticed a couple nuts getting stuck recently when doing brakes.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the issues with not enough clearance are only really for the older style beadlocks as they have no relief cutout/pocket on the mating face of the wheel. 17-18 (and gen 1 beadlocks) are designed in this way. I was considering getting a set of 19+ beadlocks for my gen 1 for this reason.

But ultimately you don't have trim more than half of the non-threaded portion of the stud anyway. Really looks pretty safe to do. I did this about 40k miles ago on the front and more recently in the rear. My only concern is thst max torque rating for the aluminum bora spacers is apparently 140 and I've noticed a couple nuts getting stuck recently when doing brakes.

Are you saying the 2019+ beadlocks have relief pockets on the back side? If so, how deep?

How did you cut your studs, cutoff wheel on a grinder?