Blue Spark Plug Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff302

Reaction score
Like many others have already done, I will soon be replacing the plugs and wires on my beast. I don't currently have any issues, and I figure replacing everything now (about 65k miles) will help keep it that way.

I feel confident tackling this project thanks to many of the previous posts on the subject. There is one reocurring question I have seen arise without many answers to though, and that is where to find some Blue plug wires.

Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2 wires come in various colors, including blue under part# 82694, and that is what I ordered. The caution very everyone is be prepared to return them the first time you receive them. Summit's website (where I ordered from), Taylor's website, and even Taylor's own invoice state that 82694 are the BLUE wires. However, the box itself lists 82694 as RED wires, and that is what I actually received. Returned them through Summit (no issues), with a request to please confirm from Taylor that they will actually send me BLUE wires this time. I just opened the shipping box and checked the label on the side of the product box....82694 RED. My heart sank, and my temper started flaring. I opened the product box expecting to be highly angry, but luckily the wires were indeed BLUE!

I will update this thread once I get the time and weather to do the install, but I wanted to share my experiences so far in hopes of helping some others that may want some blue wires. They ARE out there, and priced about the same as the OEM wires. But, Taylor has some part number issues on their end, so it might be a challenge to actually receive them.

20181228_122907.jpg

DodongRaptor

Reaction score
I am new to the forum.
I am looking at replacing my wires too.
Are these wires better than MotorCraft?
Are these bigger in diameter?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
J

Jeff302

Reaction score
@DodongRaptor they are slightly larger diameter than stock Motorcraft wires, and allegedly have lower resistance. If they are in fact "better" than the stock ones, I would say only very slightly. In my opinion, I would say they are just as good, pretty much the same price, but available in Blue. They also have Red and I believe Green as well.

Basically, it's just a way to add a little extra style and color without sacrificing quality or spending anything more than you would replacing them with stockers.

OP
OP
J

Jeff302

Reaction score
@Swacer according to Taylor's site, 82294 should be the Red wires.

And for anyone interested, 82094 is their 3rd color option, Black. I was mistaken on the Green.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Swacer according to Taylor's site, 82294 should be the Red wires.

And for anyone interested, 82094 is their 3rd color option, Black. I was mistaken on the Green.

Looking online, it doens't look like the ends are the same as the blue ones you have.

Did you get them installed? Did they fit up ok?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeff302

Reaction score
I have not installed them yet unfortunately, but will post up the results once I finally get it done. As for the pics on their site, I believe they just use generic stock photos instead of pictures of each individual application, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part.