Blue accent package with kids...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking a ‘19 out tomorrow with the blue accent package and also have a baby due in December, our first. Does anyone have experience with the Alcantara and messy kids? Or car seats on the alcantara?

curious how it holds up and is for stains.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had 3 little ones in kids seats simultaneously in my Volvo with the Alcantara and it was fine. But I ran a pretty tight ship and the kids knew not to act up in the car because their dad likes to take care of his stuff and he cares about his cars! We weren't riding around giving them bags of Cheetos to play with. If you're careful at all, it's great. Never had any marks from the years of kid's seats. Had some minor pukes from my littlest, she used to get a little car sick, and that cleaned up fine. I always kept a few old towels in the car, just in case.

I did use an under carseat protector for all 3 though. I forget where I got them. It would catch a lot of crap and keep dents out of the seats. Looked similar to below, very worthwhile no matter what seats you have.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OW6652K/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited:

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a rear truck seat, doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme so get what you want, wait until they perma marker your house walls and shit/**** on your carpet among other nefarious things, you’ll still love them... I have a 4 & 2 yr old at home here....just sayin....congrats!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checking a ‘19 out tomorrow with the blue accent package and also have a baby due in December, our first. Does anyone have experience with the Alcantara and messy kids? Or car seats on the alcantara?

curious how it holds up and is for stains.

In my experience (two young kiddos now) i care more about them being happy (quiet) than the occasional wet wipe/ vacuuming out a spilled (dumped) Cheetos bag. these materials will hold up, i wouldn't worry so much about the mess its going to happen no need to stress over it. just find yourself a good detailer or carry a bottle of spray and a rag when a mess happens....cause it will no matter how hard you try to avoid it. I have given up on my wifes Rover it is now a sour milk bowl... lol

Congrats on being a parent its better than owning a raptor... sometimes haha jk

and the messes dont really happen till around 2-3 years old so youve got some time. i do recommend a seat protector for the car seat though will save your foam from imprints

Last edited:

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the openness and lighter color would be a problem.
The perforated leather is a real shit magnet lol
Don't ask how I know

OP
OP
Idaho

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. The truck I am looking at is a black / blue combo and I think it looks pretty good. The real catch here is just deciding if I want to deal with trying to keep black paint looking nice as it seems the general consensus is cover up the seats and that kids aren't too bad.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a good seat cover for the car seats and your good. The rest is on you and them. Cheetos are messy as hell! Milk stinks, shit sucks and kicking of your front seats from behind really blows!

But yes we still love them! Your gonna like that truck!