Bitter Sweet...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
For the hell of it, figured I'd update this thread. On 1/04/17 I signed and put my deposit down for the SLC. They said it'll take about 16 weeks to manufacture the parts, but I suspect it'll take close to 20-24 weeks by the time I get it in my hands. Putting the deposit down wasn't excited as I expected it to be, but then again I just unassed a load of cash with nothing but a receipt and an invoice for what I still owe, lol. I think the part that may hurt the worse is when I take delivery of the car, the total money I just spent for the "kit" could have bought a 2nd Gen Raptor AND been paid off.....and I still need to buy an engine for this car, lol.

SL-C — Superlite Cars

Anyways, here's the specs of what I went with if anyone is interested :)

EXTERIOR
White gel coat
20x12 & 19x10 Forgestar F14 wheels (antique bronze (custom color))
Street tail (no wing)
One-piece windows
Door mount mirrors
Carbon fiber splitter
Carbon fiber side skirts
NO fender vents
Carbon fiber rear window vent
Inner fender panels
Adjustable pedals
Parking brake
Street & track sway bars

INTERIOR
Carbon fiber dash
Carbon fiber cockpit tub including all panels
Carbon fiber center console
Carbon fiber headliner
Carbon fiber area behind the seats
Carbon fiber a-pillar covers
Carbon fiber extended door panels

DRIVETRAIN & FUEL
Graziano transaxle
Transaxle completion kit (clutch, flywheel, starter, etc)
Transaxle adapter plate for LS engine
Complete fuel system kit (duel pump)
LS front dress kit
Front box heat deflector

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Are they street legal?

Sorry if I missed it in the link

Yes sir, if you want it to. Or keep it as a track car, but mine will definitely be street legal. Here's a link to them: SL-C — Superlite Cars

get a gen2 raptor engine. lol

They have at least one person that has put a Coyote in one, but the norm seems to be LS engines which is fine by me. If I ever do another one after this, I will definitely deviate from the norm alot more. I plan to do this one mostly by the book for exterior, short of retrofitting the tail lights and maybe upgrading the headlights and signals. I do plan to spend alot of time on the interior to get it some what stock looking. It's a full carbon fiber interior so leather and suede will be accent materials for it. :)

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I was referring to a Ecoboost lol.

I know, sorry I just wasn't clear in my reply that the Coyote was the only Ford engine they've put in them. I'd pick an Eco-boost over a Coyote for tune-ability and, as odd as this is to say, the sound in hopes it'd some more exotic MAYBE

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I'll start a build thread in the general forum when it gets here and put a link here when I do.

I did get a spare tail light and got it apart over the weekend to figure out some retrofitting for it since I want LEDs and don't like the aftermarket options.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Random thought of the day.... to update my last thread on FRF and pretty excited still and wanted to share. :) Hard to imagine it's been over a year without my Raptor and I've definitely missed owning it, not to mention it'd saved me a little headache on more than 1 occasion.

I had been driving the WS6 till end of April when we had a flash flood and I discovered 6-7" of water (was up to bottom of ground effect) CAN hydrolock an LS1. It's crazy, it's my 3rd f-body and I've driven through about same amount of water before without issue, but guess someone drove by while at a light and kicked up a big wake for it to get sucked up. Had full coverage on it, thankfully, and insurance was kind and paid me a good bit over what I actually paid for it.

2 weeks later I bought a 04 Corvette Z51. Never been a "vette guy", but wanted something different and decently fast as a daily. I was and still am surprised how comfortable it is, and how well it rides, way more technology in it than the WS6. Bought a set of C6 silver OEM wheels, lowered it on stock bolts, android headunit and tossed in my JL sub/amp from the Raptor and was content.

3 weeks ago I finally got my beloved Superlite SLC, right at 200 days from the day I placed my order and put down the deposit in January. It's a marvel of engineering and I have LOTS of work ahead of me. While the picture looks together, body is just taped on with hubs/rotors/calipers installed to be a roller. Other than that it's bare. I've had a full week to work on it before vacation and will continue for the next several years I'm sure. I have a GM crate 525hp LS3 sitting in the shop which will be mated to a Audi R8 transaxle that's purchased. I opted for every carbon fiber piece I could, minus a big wing. Interior is full carbon. It comes with 6th Camaro SS Brembo brakes which I've already scuffed and painted gloss white with gloss black logos I cut out. I've also re-torqued every bolt on it (and marked), ran/mounted the brake lines, assembled the Tilton pedals with 3 master cylinders, and lots of other miscellaneous things so far.

EXTERIOR
White gel coat
20x12 & 19x10 Forgestar F14 wheels (antique bronze)
Street tail
One-piece windows
Door mount mirrors
Carbon fiber splitter
Carbon fiber side skirts
NO fender vents
Carbon fiber rear window vent
Inner fender panels
Adjustable pedals
Parking brake
Street & track sway bars

INTERIOR
Carbon fiber dash
Carbon fiber cockpit tub including all panels
Carbon fiber center console
Carbon fiber headliner
Carbon fiber area behind the seats
Carbon fiber a-pillar covers
Carbon fiber extended door panels

DRIVETRAIN & FUEL
Graziano transaxle
Transaxle completion kit (clutch, flywheel, starter, etc)
Transaxle adapter plate for LS engine
Complete fuel system kit (duel pump)
LS front dress kit
Front box heat deflector

IMG_4847.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_20170725_224430.jpg