Bitter Sweet...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Today was bitter sweet for me.......I sold my Raptor. :( In my defense, I think I have good reason. Selling it allows me to put money in the bank, along with money I've been saving for years, to start a childhood dream to build a kit car. For the past 5 years or that kit has been a Superlite SLC. Previously it was the GTM for who knows how long....which was until I discovered how bad the body fitment supposedly is. If everything goes as planned, I should be placing the order before the end of the year and take delivery of it March/April....just in time for the spring. I'm not totally sure how long it'll take me to finish it, they claim 400-500hrs, but I'm expecting more around 800. Planning on crate LS3, unless I can swing a LS7.

For the next couple years '00 Trans Am WS6 will be my daily now that I have it sitting like I wanted it. Lowered, sent my rear wheels off to get widened to 11", full exhaust (long tubes, !cats, electronic cutout, Dynomax & Corsa tips), lid/K&N, low beam Morimoto retrofit, LED retrofit fogs (were made for a Harley Davidson, lol), Android 7" headunit, 10w0 sub, embroidered headrests (Thanks to Calder), of course LEDs inside & out, LED illuminated from plate/bird and I'm sure a few other things.

I fully intend to stick around here and help if I can. The next vehicle definitely be a Gen2 Raptor and being on here I'll can keep up-to-date on the new mods for them. I'm already missing my old truck, but equally excited for the next Raptor and the SLC.

20160529_081204.jpg
20160529_081358.jpg
WS6%20Mirror.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 238675d1277134554-superlite-coupe-ls7-r-photo-8.jpg
    238675d1277134554-superlite-coupe-ls7-r-photo-8.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
{content removed}

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Btw
I've been a lurker for years just never felt the need to write much

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Just curious as to what they offered. I happened upon a dealer close by that had a GT350 and was curious what my trade in value would be. Mine is a fully loaded 2012 Screw with 76k miles and they offered a rough estimate of $36k.
But to keep in line with the OP, good luck with your project, bud! Looks like it'll be an interesting one.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I can tell you I got the stupid offers for the truck. As low as 24k and that they "may" buy it!! When I had it listed on AutoTrader, they sent an email and asked if I wanted a local dealership to make an offer so out of curiosity I asked... $28,500. Not as low as I expected, but I did get more than than that. The Plasti-Dip is still on it, I hope he keeps it on there for a while but who knows.

I've spread the word and told the new owner about FRF, so he should be popping up on here shortly.

I'm looking forward to the new SLC project, but as well as a Gen2 Raptor a year or so after they come out. It's one hell of a truck and there's no other truck I will EVER own outside of a Raptor. Can't argue with perfection!

This has been my favorite forum so I'll still be here. TBSSOwners was decent, GTO forum was full of *****, LS1Tech has always been pretty good. I think I was known for LEDs way back when on LS1Tech, building my own boards and such. Already picked up where I left off on there and figured out the best option for T/A fog lights that only requires modifying the stock brackets to fit Harley-Davidson auxiliary lights. :) Also built my own license plate light, 3rd brake light and illuminated the front plate. :)

IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2364.jpg
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2649.jpg

I still plan to keep an eye open for new LED bulbs that come out and buy them to test and report back in my thread. I finally bought myself a 12v power supply just for the purpose to testing LEDs.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score

:insane:

Man, I apologize. I completely forgot to call you back and seeing the post I remembered, but I did get your message. Even if I did keep the truck I couldn't have made it, I'm stuck working nights 7-12's. Ugh, but will help to fund the SLC. :)

I'll definitely keep everyone updated, fixing to check and see if I can find any new LEDs to test. :)

RIDESDIRT

Reaction score
good luck with the SLC, they are awesome cars.

why the LS? last SLC I saw had a coyote motor in it, very cool combination.