GEN 2 Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rotors are 2 piece Drilled and slotted 405 MM Front, 380 Rear, 8 Piston Cal front and 6 Piston rear. Comes with SS lines, Pads etc. They will do any color combination you want in either gloss or anodized. Freedom worked with R1 for a direct bolt kit for the 17 Raptor. Build time is 4 weeks, which, is fine waiting on the wheels anyway.

https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk_interactive/
Sounds amazing. Around 5k??

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, gotta give Freedom credit for putting it together ... can't wait to see what it looks and drives like.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, gotta give Freedom credit for putting it together ... can't wait to see what it looks and drives like.

Yeah from what I was told they put in a lot of work getting the kit speced out etc. if it bolts right on it will be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they checked but their 8p will fit on 20s? Brembo requires 22s.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Rotors are 2 piece Drilled and slotted 405 MM Front, 380 Rear, 8 Piston Cal front and 6 Piston rear. Comes with SS lines, Pads etc. They will do any color combination you want in either gloss or anodized. Freedom worked with R1 for a direct bolt kit for the 17 Raptor. Build time is 4 weeks, which, is fine waiting on the wheels anyway.

https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk_interactive/

Are you sure your factory mastercylinder can handle the volume of those calipers? That is a huge change from stock.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you sure your factory mastercylinder can handle the volume of those calipers? That is a huge change from stock.

Good question on both, I asked Freedom to clarify both for me/us. Once I get a response I will post it. The kit can be a 6 piston and 6 on the rear should the 8 not work.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Good question on both, I asked Freedom to clarify both for me/us. Once I get a response I will post it. The kit can be a 6 piston and 6 on the rear should the 8 not work.

According to R1, as long as the Rotor size is 380 or 405 the 8 piston will work on the 20" Wheel.

Also they stated the stock master cylinder is more than enough to operate effectively their 8 Piston Caliper.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The answer is yes, they will indeed fit. R1 puts a lot of R&D into their kits and actually offer different size options for different size wheels, up to and including a kit with 6 piston calipers in the front that fits the stock 17" wheels.

The overall volume of the fluid capacity will change, but as long as the fluid is full and properly bled, nothing will change with the pressure from the brake system.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chinese made brakes, but they seem to have a good reputation for low cost and decent performance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The answer is yes, they will indeed fit. R1 puts a lot of R&D into their kits and actually offer different size options for different size wheels, up to and including a kit with 6 piston calipers in the front that fits the stock 17" wheels.

The overall volume of the fluid capacity will change, but as long as the fluid is full and properly bled, nothing will change with the pressure from the brake system.

The amount/volume of fluid required to move a total of 28 pistons is going to be much more than the stock setup. Hopefully you have done your engineering and tested the piston pressure/clamp force at each caliper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter