GEN 2 Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few members do Brembo, freedom has the R1 concepts, is any other company doing one for 20" wheels? Wilwood, Stoptech, or Baer ? A lot of the websites don't have exact info. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
If I hate my brakes when I get my truck, I'd be in the market for a setup that will fit 18" wheels

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both Brembo and Baer

AFAIK, all those you listed will fit on 20s easily

I believe the only one that requires 22s are the Brembo B-M8s

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I hate my brakes when I get my truck, I'd be in the market for a setup that will fit 18" wheels
Man you won't find a good set for 18s on this truck. Minimum if you're lucky 19s. I'm trying to see if any offroad 19 will fit this thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both Brembo and Baer

AFAIK, all those you listed will fit on 20s easily

I believe the only one that requires 22s are the Brembo B-M8s

Direct fit for Baer on a 17 raptor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

If the two options I mentioned are the only ones so be it. I just want to see what I am missing if anything.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

2010-2017 F150 Wilwood TX6R 6-Piston Front Big Brake Kit 140-13865

Wilwood Tactical Xtreme TX6R F-150 Front Brake Kit - Red 140-13865-R (10-17 All) - Free Shipping

Both these sites claim the Wilwood will fit the 17 Raptor but, Wilwood doesn't have them listed...

Last edited:

chi_weezy

Reaction score
$1,900 for the front kit. Somebody needs to try these. But first just try some pads and let us know the difference in feel!

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1,900 for the front kit. Somebody needs to try these. But first just try some pads and let us know the difference in feel!

Both are on my short to do list... but I've had the pads for 3 months and haven't installed them.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i ask some questions without being banned?

wtf are y'all doing to need/ want a big brake kit?
am i being too gentle with my truck if i think my usual dd/s rotors will be more then enough for me? this is supposed to be my eldest son's truck in 12 years if he meets or exceeds scholastic expectations. lol

don't get me wrong. i do love the look of the big brake kits. even 20" are cool if i can still turn off pavement without a care.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can i ask some questions without being banned?

wtf are y'all doing to need/ want a big brake kit?
am i being too gentle with my truck if i think my usual dd/s rotors will be more then enough for me? this is supposed to be my eldest son's truck in 12 years if he meets or exceeds scholastic expectations. lol

don't get me wrong. i do love the look of the big brake kits. even 20" are cool if i can still turn off pavement without a care.

Nobody gets banned around here. Since the stock brakes can lock up the stock tires with ease a bbk won't be much of an improvement. Pads, rotors, and brake lines can improve the bite, fade, and feel.