BF Goodrich KO2 - C2 vs E2 load rating, ride quality affected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinned

Reaction score
The load range C KO2's cost $17 more (each) than the Goodyears on TireRack.
The best price I could get, including tax and install, on the Goodyears was around $1,450. I was $1,250 out the door on the KO2s from a tire shop I like locally. Maybe next time around will line up with better incentives on the Goodyears and I'll give them a shot.

Weight is weight regardless of symmetry. Discount balanced them without the rings and nuts and when I drove it, it was unbearable. Made a u-turn and they rebalanced them with the rings and nuts and they were about a 1/4 ounce off on every wheel from the previous balance.
Balance should only be thrown off if you added weight that was asymmetric. If the weight is spread evenly then it will not change the balance. I just had mine done without the rings, I put them back on after, and it is smooth as glass at any reasonable highway speed.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the E's over the C or D. It really plants the truck in the corners, and doesn't have the smushy feeling on turns. Helps for my towing and stuff as well...much better ride even unloaded.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C's aren't discontinued. Tirerack.com has them. I replaced mine at 23.5K for noise with E's. I've noticed a SLIGHT firmer ride but adjusted the pressures to compensate. They were out of stock for a few weeks because they changed how they were made. They have a new part number
What time pressure did you adjust them to.?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm 45 all around. Was 34 on the C's and they cupped pretty bad on the inside starting about 15k and got worse about 20k. Recommended pressures were 50 but that was WAY too high. 40 was too low. they bounced around at 50 and floated at 40.

Also, the rings aren't symmetrical, They have a cut out for the air nipple.